Masterchef 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last nights group was far stronger than tonight’s. the welsh girl was reasonably unlucky in that she would have sailed through this one but was still never going to trouble the podium.
I think there’s about 4 or 5 really strong contenders left .

Seems trite saying it now but the final 5 were who I was referring to back then. They were streets ahead of the rest. I actually thought the Indian lass would have outstayed the Portuguese one though.

Agree it’s between Nayman and Kenny. Outside chance for the Geordie ...

Seems trite saying it now but the final 5 were who I was referring to back then. They were streets ahead of the rest. I actually thought the Indian lass would have outstayed the Portuguese one though.

Agree it’s between Nayman and Kenny. Outside chance for the Geordie ...

The geordie is better than Kenny mind. Much more experimental/inventive and each time so far it's got the thumbs up from Humpty and the Bull frog.

Thai fella looks to have it in the bag though.

What a fuckin bong eyed gonk Gregg Wallace is mind.

He absolutely loves bucking.

David for me but I'd like Nawamin to win it.

TBH, I like all three and think it's between those two. Kenny's the underdog. Didn't like David initially (thought he seemed quite arrogant) but he seems like a lovely bloke, as do the other two. Thought his Careless Wispa was great!

TBH, I like all three and think it's between those two. Kenny's the underdog. Didn't like David initially (thought he seemed quite arrogant) but he seems like a lovely bloke, as do the other two. Thought his Careless Wispa was great!

I think Kenny's timing will be his undoing. The other two seem to be more organised but David is as cool as a cucumber.

I could eat Thai food every day, and did for 10 years, though I don't think I ever ate anything resembling what Nawamin has been dreaming up - pork satay with chocolate profiteroles, ffs!?! He's brilliant and will undoubtedly end up opening a fantastically expensive Thai restaurant - but I don't think he deserves to win. Virtually every time he's cooked he's been able to produce Thai food, even in Peru, I just don't think he's been stretched enough and pushed outside of his comfort zone. The fact that John and Greg are big Thai food fans and love their spices hasn't exactly gone against him.

I'll be happy if he does get the nod but I think David is the most talented overall. He even made John cry with his pudding!!

Out of all them I'd love to eat his food most. It's f***ing mental.

Likewise.

I could eat Thai food every day, and did for 10 years, though I don't think I ever ate anything resembling what Nawamin has been dreaming up - pork satay with chocolate profiteroles, ffs!?! He's brilliant and will undoubtedly end up opening a fantastically expensive Thai restaurant - but I don't think he deserves to win. Virtually every time he's cooked he's been able to produce Thai food, even in Peru, I just don't think he's been stretched enough and pushed outside of his comfort zone. The fact that John and Greg are big Thai food fans and love their spices hasn't exactly gone against him.

I'll be happy if he does get the nod but I think David is the most talented overall. He even made John cry with his pudding!!

I think that's one of the major conundrums this year. Equally, the winner last year, Saliha, managed to cook Indian food right through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back