Massive star about 7 o’clock to the moon

Decent sky tonight, took a photo of tne 3 stars in top of each other (orions belt someone said?) on my phone camera. Not sure how to Upload it like
You've also captured the orion nebula. 2/3 way down on the right are what look like 3 blurred stars in a straight line. The middle one is the orion nebula.
@leecoo you must have used a Nokia 3310 as the camera on my Samsung S24 Ultra is tremendous
thor'd image obviously
Logon or register to see this image

Class photo, yeah to be fair my phone camera is pants old school Sony Xperia

I'd love a phone camera that took photos like that as it's not my photo nor a S24. It's mad you also caught Orion's Nebula in there and it was spotted by someone.

In my post there's hidden text just below in the row below right under the tagged lecco's name and above the photo if you click it (looks a little blurry) 😉

I'd love a phone camera that took photos like that as it's not my photo nor a S24. It's mad you also caught Orion's Nebula in there and it was spotted by someone.

In my post there's hidden text just below in the row below right under the tagged lecco's name and above the photo if you click it (looks a little blurry) 😉
Ha just seen the white text

Well played on getting a few. I was wondering how long to give it before I said something.

To take an image like that, you need a tracking mount. I've been impressed with what @K3NA said about the DIY barn door tracker. I bought a Skywatcher Star Adventurer which does track the sky. Basically it rotates at the same speed the earth does and allows you to do longer exposures. I've done ones of about 2.5 minutes before. Gather more light and it brings out the fainter objects. There are some excellent images on this thread:

To take an image like that, you need a tracking mount. I've been impressed with what @K3NA said about the DIY barn door tracker. I bought a Skywatcher Star Adventurer which does track the sky. Basically it rotates at the same speed the earth does and allows you to do longer exposures. I've done ones of about 2.5 minutes before. Gather more light and it brings out the fainter objects. There are some excellent images on this thread:
K3NA's recent posts have had me thinking so I've been looking (again) this morning at getting that clock drive for my beginner scope in an attempt to get a basic shot or two. I'd delayed because I know that when I do get something img wise I'll want a more capable scope so I've needed to rein myself in.

Back