Mason Cotcher

Watson, Kelly and Harrison Jones.
These lads are decent prospects, but don't look anywhere near the first team at the moment IMO.
To me the yardstick is standing out week in and week out in that environment and although the 3 you have mentioned have had some good games, they don't have the consistency that say Chris Rigg had. Out of the 3 mentioned, Watson looks the closest, but even his coach (Murtagh) said he is not ready. The one you did not mention is the goalkeeper Young, who looks the closest to me.
I would class some of out first team squad in that category mind (Hemir and Burstow spring to mind, who did not look anything at U21 level)

These lads are decent prospects, but don't look anywhere near the first team at the moment IMO.
To me the yardstick is standing out week in and week out in that environment and although the 3 you have mentioned have had some good games, they don't have the consistency that say Chris Rigg had. Out of the 3 mentioned, Watson looks the closest, but even his coach (Murtagh) said he is not ready. The one you did not mention is the goalkeeper Young, who looks the closest to me.
I would class some of out first team squad in that category mind (Hemir and Burstow spring to mind, who did not look anything at U21 level)

Do you trust Dodds and Proctors opinions? Id trust the England coaches opinions over them to be honest.

Well that last bit is my point. Those we've brought in are no better than the kids we have but as we've paid money for them they'll get more chances. The pathway to the first team isn't there.

Back