Masks at work.

safc3nufc0

Subs Bench
hi just went back to work this .
One of rules for a safer working environment is the compulsory wearing of face masks.
I understand the importance of reducing risks n that but I work in a warehouse with nobody near me most of the day except in the canteen when the full shift of 16 can all sit together and pass in close proximity to each other without having to wear masks.
Anybody else have issues like this.

One of rules for a safer working environment is the compulsory wearing of face masks.
I understand the importance of reducing risks n that but I work in a warehouse with nobody near me most of the day except in the canteen when the full shift of 16 can all sit together and pass in close proximity to each other without having to wear masks.
.. No ..

I would bring it up with ya supervisor. Its absolute stupidity to not have masks worn in a canteen where everyone congregates if they are in close proximity, there was 3 new cases today of covid and its issues like this that is going to make it sky rocket.
I would bring it up with ya supervisor. Its absolute stupidity to not have masks worn in a canteen where everyone congregates if they are in close proximity, there was 3 new cases today of covid and its issues like this that is going to make it sky rocket. Personally I'd be avoiding the canteen.

It is the sort of daft thing that happens with regulations unfortunately.

The management (as well as you) are responsible for your safety and they will have had to do a risk assessment and show they are being responsible. If they don't do this, they lay themselves open to action if you do pick up the virus there, or anyone else picks it up from you.

Of course commonsense says if you are nowhere near anybody else, you are neither a risk to them, nor them to you.

Having a full shift of people in the canteen at once is the other side - it doesn't seem to make any sense.

I would bring it up with ya supervisor. Its absolute stupidity to not have masks worn in a canteen where everyone congregates if they are in close proximity, there was 3 new cases today of covid and its issues like this that is going to make it sky rocket.

Surely you're only in the canteen to eat/drink. How can this be done wearing a mask?

It does tend to be difficult to eat with a face mask on tho.

Correct but spliting the shift up on different breaks would enable keeping distances.
My point is why wear a mask when working and well spaced but no need in canteen when bunched a lot closer

It's like the people who wear masks while driving...alone.
Depends though.
If you're just driving about and not having anyone in the car at all then yes i agree.
But, if you're going somewhere - shopping for instance - then surely you're better of putting the mask on as you leave the house, and not taking it off or touching it until you get back homwe.
Messing around with it and taking it on and off is risking contaminating it.
Can understand not wearing a mask whilst in the canteen (similar to being in the pub), but surely there should then be some sort of 'social distancing' regulation in place.

Last edited:
It's like the people who wear masks while driving...alone.

I've had documents from work that said if you're visiting several shops, put it on and leave it on, otherwise you need a fresh mask for each shop. So if I was working, I'd be the nutter in the car alone with a mask on!

I've had documents from work that said if you're visiting several shops, put it on and leave it on, otherwise you need a fresh mask for each shop. So if I was working, I'd be the nutter in the car alone with a mask on!

That makes sense as each time you remove or replace it you are risking contaminating either yourself from your hands, or your hands if you have it.

Nutter!

I used to think that, why the hell drive with a mask on, no one else in the car.
But as a job now, I do this, once it’s on it’s seems fine.
I also find wearing gloves and sanitising my gloves rather than my hands works best for me.
Main advantage is I never touch my face with gloves on for some reason.
If I don’t wear gloves I touch my face regularly, why I don’t know.

.. Most people are working from home. Keeping to the two meter rule and plenty of disinfecting .. They wanted me to work from home but I'd go mad and do fuck all if I was in the house all day ..
Most people who CAN work from home may be working from home. I wager most people are not. From this week anyone not wearing a mask at work and gets the virus will have the place closed down for two weeks. That may mean forever for some businesses.

Back