Mark Lawrenson

Typical of a person with an inflated ego. He’s been in the chair too long.

Unfortunately the bbc have eventually seen the light. I’d have sacked him on the phone

He describes himself as a Marmite character. Some people like Marmite, but surely no-one other than his family like that sneering twat.

If he is, David Dimbleby, David Attenborough and I’d imagine quite a few other elderly white blokes who get work at the BBC must be worried for their jobs.
African blokes with the knowledge of davey have probably been eaten by a lion by the time they are his age man.....

Seriously though, it's a football thing, trying to be overly inclusive....see the female commentators.... most are rubbish but they are female so get the job.... micah Richards is thick as fuck, great of a.l.o.t.o, shite pundit...

He is right
He is, but this....

He also criticised a culture where editors “probably in their mid-20s” would say “’Don’t say that’ and I am thinking, ‘I’ve been here for 20-odd years, I think I might know what to say and what not to say’.”

... Suggests to me that he's a stubborn old git who refuses to move with the times.

African blokes with the knowledge of davey have probably been eaten by a lion by the time they are his age man.....

Seriously though, it's a football thing, trying to be overly inclusive....see the female commentators.... most are rubbish but they are female so get the job.... micah Richards is thick as fuck, great of a.l.o.t.o, shite pundit...

Maybe. Or maybe they just want a ‘pundit‘ to chunter on interminably like a daft fart, cracking Dad jokes and making awful puns,who’s played the game more recently than 30+ years ago. I thought the bloke was a total tit myself but I don’t watch match analysis at all and hardly any tv football so I’m probably on the wrong thread.
He is, but this....

He also criticised a culture where editors “probably in their mid-20s” would say “’Don’t say that’ and I am thinking, ‘I’ve been here for 20-odd years, I think I might know what to say and what not to say’.”

... Suggests to me that he's a stubborn old git who refuses to move with the times.
So they did at least try to get to stop talking utter shite then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe. Or maybe they just want a ‘pundit‘ to chunter on interminably like a daft fart, cracking Dad jokes and making awful puns,who’s played the game more recently than 30+ years ago. I thought the bloke was a total tit myself but I don’t watch match analysis at all and hardly any tv football so I’m probably on the wrong thread.

So they did at least try to get to stop talking utter shite then?
He's relaxed position was that old bloke off Early doors
He started every sentence with groan

Back