Marcus Maddison to Bolton?

Not according to his statement, he said he’s returning home to have a think. He won’t pack in. We should offer him the opportunity to train with us in the close season.
if he is unsure about being a footballer..how hjungry will he be? i mean if we are league one he should certainly be invited to train (though he has just left a northern team to be near his family in the south) but if in champo he isnt worth the hassle as he failed up there.

That’s never stopped us before. Butler and McCartney spring to mind. Or weren’t you a safc “ fan” then?
certainly was..did mccartney quit a professional team because he didnt want to be a footballer? given he played over 100 league games after he left SAFC and never walked out on an employer...im not sure the comparison is valid..
whcih butler you talking about..tommy or paul?

if he is unsure about being a footballer..how hjungry will he be? i mean if we are league one he should certainly be invited to train (though he has just left a northern team to be near his family in the south) but if in champo he isnt worth the hassle as he failed up there.

He’ll be hungry enough when he realises the alternatives are worse.

I saw him at Gateshead and he was the most naturally talented player you could ever wish to see and had the work ethic to go with it. Yes it was non league but he the abulity and attitude to succeed was there then. Its really been in the last 18 months things have went off the rails. started to believe in his own hype.
He single handedly got that Gateshead team to within one game of the football league that season. He was brilliant in some of the games I went to.
What abuse has he had?
To be fair there is some on this thread!!

Last edited:
hasnt worked so far..never had a good reputation in the game..and that was when he was at peterborough with a contract running out and his name in lights..

I don’t know anything about the lad. That was an honest, heart on his sleeve statement that the lad released, it’s not something I’d expected so he can’t be as bad as the picture some paint him out to be.

I remember many on here turning on McGeady when Parkinson dropped him and he was accused of bullying, people are often quick to believe things without being aware of the facts.

certainly was..did mccartney quit a professional team because he didnt want to be a footballer? given he played over 100 league games after he left SAFC and never walked out on an employer...im not sure the comparison is valid..
whcih butler you talking about..tommy or paul?
McCartney told safc he didn’t want to play football any more. SAFC talked him into changing his mind and offloaded him to WHU. We actually got money for him! Then Keane and Quinn paid double to bring him back ffs. One of safcs stupidest ever decisions.
Tommy Butler quit the game then once he realised his earning potential outside of football made a comeback after a year or so. As we held his registration he had to play for us until we wisely got rid. Thankfully we didn’t go back in for him.

Didnt he fail to turn up in time for a home game for Bolton despite being put up in hotel right next to the ground?
Not totally true, he was in the hotel right next to the ground but failed to turn up for the morning meeting so the manager left him out of the squad for the game later that day. Only a small correction but puts it in perspective a bit.

I don’t know anything about the lad. That was an honest, heart on his sleeve statement that the lad released, it’s not something I’d expected so he can’t be as bad as the picture some paint him out to be.

I remember many on here turning on McGeady when Parkinson dropped him and he was accused of bullying, people are often quick to believe things without being aware of the facts.
im believing jack ross...

the difference is..mcgeady ahs been signed by multiple managers at multiple clubs in multiple countreis without incident..
maddison despite clearly having bags of ability...has a reputation so widespreadly bad in the game managers wouldnt touch him in this league,, despite his been proven in it.
my view is parkinson eas intimidated working with a player of mcgeadys track record, and felt he had to take him on..an attitude which renders him unsuitale to manage a club of safcs stature..

the difference is..mcgeady ahs been signed by multiple managers at multiple clubs in multiple countreis without incident..
maddison despite clearly having bags of ability...has a reputation so widespreadly bad in the game managers wouldnt touch him in this league,, despite his been proven in it.
my view is parkinson eas intimidated working with a player of mcgeadys track record, and felt he had to take him on..an attitude which renders him unsuitale to manage a club of safcs stature..

How do you know mate? Honestly, if it wasn’t for people complaining about his attitude on here, I wouldn’t have the foggiest what his triathlon is like amongst managers and within the game.

You probably have a point about Parkinson, McGeady may have challenged some of his decisions and perhaps instead of listening he and debating, he took a more stubborn approach. Perhaps we’ll never know, it’s all guess work.
im believing jack ross...

What did Ross say? I must have missed that.

Last edited:
How do you know mate? Honestly, if it wasn’t for people complaining about his attitude on here, I wouldn’t have the foggiest what his triathlon is like amongst managers and within the game.
jack ross make the comments im backing up my statements with..

You probably have a point about Parkinson, McGeady may have challenged some of his decisions and perhaps instead of listening he and debating, he took a more stubborn approach. Perhaps we’ll never know, it’s all guess work.

What did Ross say? I must have missed that.
whenasked about signing maddison he said: "aye he is a good player, but i have heard things"

Last edited:

Back