Marco Tardelli 41 years ago

The best games of that tournament were Italy v Brazil and W Germany v France, both classics

Two random things I remember from the final
One of the pundits, might have been chinny Hill, saying at half time that Gentile made Ron (chopper) Harris look like the Archangel Gabriel
The late John Hollins being spotted on the terraces with the Italian fans and getting interviewed through the perimeter fence

I’m sure I heard (possibly apocryphal tale) that what Marco Tardelli was shouting was actually “Marco Tardelli” like he was doing his own commentary! 😎

aye i read that somewhere years ago too, that we was saying ''and its marco tardelli, in the world cup final for italy....'' like we used to round the garages (although it was for sunderland in the last minute of the FA cup final against newcastle)

Drew there opening 3 games of the tournament, including against Peru & Cameron
then put out Brazil & the Argies in the quarter final group games
mad the Italian press wanted Rossi dropped after the group stages 😂
The best games of that tournament were Italy v Brazil and W Germany v France, both classics

Two random things I remember from the final
One of the pundits, might have been chinny Hill, saying at half time that Gentile made Ron (chopper) Harris look like the Archangel Gabriel
The late John Hollins being spotted on the terraces with the Italian fans and getting interviewed through the perimeter fence
who can ever forget this bit of shithousery?

Last edited:
aye i read that somewhere years ago too, that we was saying ''and its marco tardelli, in the world cup final for italy....'' like we used to round the garages (although it was for sunderland in the last minute of the FA cup final against newcastle)
Doesn’t look like he’s saying that like just looks like he’s screaming considering his gob is hardly moving

Back