March Voting goes into extra time

Challenge Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camera was pentax kr
f was 8.0
shutter speed was around 1/180 if i remember rightly.

originally was landscape shot but cropped it to give a bit more focus on the subject. The noise was also purposely done, not sure why i do it in post production but i think it gives it a bit of a "dirty" look and adds a bit to it.

Also voted for Paws. As one its a good photo and two i can't vote for myself! But i do like the composition and colours used.

why not like? :lol:

Voted for you as IMO it's the better composed image, it's simple yet compelling, hate the noise you have added mind...

why not like? :lol:

Voted for you as IMO it's the better composed image, it's simple yet compelling, hate the noise you have added mind...

Just not what Im like I guess.

I also think paws shot is better in all fairness. only thing id of done different is perhaps try and get more land in. Not as in "its not a landscape". Just in the sense it could of given something extra. Still a cracking shot in my books like.

I usually never shoot at anything less than 400iso.

Adding noise comes more from my design work if anything.

It's different with photos, but with graphically work it looks "unnatural" without any. If its too clean or what have you it tends to look odd. Crazy but true. If you see a huge poster in town get git close to it and you'll see it has noise.

granted in my photo there is a lot of it, but that's my choice to give it a grainy effect to go with the clouds.

It's different with photos, but with graphically work it looks "unnatural" without any. If its too clean or what have you it tends to look odd. Crazy but true. If you see a huge poster in town get git close to it and you'll see it has noise.

granted in my photo there is a lot of it, but that's my choice to give it a grainy effect to go with the clouds.

Generally just a lack of resolution rather than noise surely

If the light is right shoot at the lowest ISO your body can do, <100 if poss.

Noise on posters is added so they scale well, or as a result of scaling isn't it?

Nowt the matter with adding noise, several of the better Lightroom pre-sets do exactly that and look very impressive. Just abit over done / not required on your shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the light is right shoot at the lowest ISO your body can do, <100 if poss.

Noise on posters is added so they scale well, or as a result of scaling isn't it?

Nowt the matter with adding noise, several of the better Lightroom pre-sets do exactly that and look very impressive. Just abit over done / not required on your shot.

can be done for that. But as I've been taught and come to realise, crisp stuff doesn't always suit very large posters or design work.

I think I over did it with the noise on this photo, but just gives the sky a bit more impact as it isn't sharp enough image quality.

Voted for Malmo first time and again to make it 11-11 to try to get AB to have to decide, but bugger me someones just made it 11-12 :roll:

Gawd it's close, and my 10 aliases haven't voted yet

Thanks people & cheers for the votes.Tough to choose from this month, good standard of entries plus the contention of landscape/seascape made for an interesting contest :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back