March to June 2020 - NEWCASTLE UTD fc

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are long suffering, we haven't won a Major trophy in over 50yrs if we are to be believed and over 60yrs if you are.
Long time to go without success that for a top flight club.
Since the 50's, nobody with half a brain cell can count a trophy you "won" after being invited to play. When loads of other teams couldn't even enter as they were not a one city team :lol: :lol:

The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, which morphed into the UEFA Cup just two seasons after Newcastle’s first competitive overseas adventure in 1968/69, was a typically European affair – a botched attempt at bringing the continent closer together through a mish-mash of rules that meant the Magpies reached the tournament despite having finished 10th in the First Division the previous season.

Newcastle essentially qualified by virtue of being a one-city team, a ruling which dated back to when the tournament was less about football and more about the celebration of trade fairs.

That meant the club’s first foray into continental competition came at the expense of Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham, who missed out as a result of finishing below Liverpool and Chelsea in the 1967/68 table.

I'd say the prominent Newcastle fans here are the following

Me - 171
The Fish - 90
What a Waster - 151
Leonard Osbourne - 18
Metro Man - 128
Andy H - 200+
Fitzgerald - 34
Wild Turkey - 12

Feel free to add more to this list but this gives a total of 804+ in a thread with 10,000 replies.

Not even 10%, man. :lol:

In here before 'imagine counting that up, etc'
Your a mag on a sunderland message board. Do fuck off

If they are "long suffering" maybe we should start a list of clubs that have suffered more and/or for longer.

I'll start us off with Darlington and Bury....

This is the biggest reason I detest Newcastle. Its their belief that they deserve better somehow, or that they aren't what they should be (dispite little evidence that they should be where they expect to be).
Maybe you should, knock yourself and make your list I say.

The article didn't say "the longest suffering of all fans" it just said "long suffering fans"
I don't think anyone claims that Newcastle have suffered longer and/or more than any other set of fans.

As for the last bit that would be fair to say that about any fans outside the clubs that win all the shit.
Take Sunderland for example, most of your fans believe they deserve better, that they don't deserve to be languishing in League 1
Since the 50's, nobody with half a brain cell can count a trophy you "won" after being invited to play. When loads of other teams couldn't even enter as they were not a one city team :lol: :lol:

The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, which morphed into the UEFA Cup just two seasons after Newcastle’s first competitive overseas adventure in 1968/69, was a typically European affair – a botched attempt at bringing the continent closer together through a mish-mash of rules that meant the Magpies reached the tournament despite having finished 10th in the First Division the previous season.

Newcastle essentially qualified by virtue of being a one-city team, a ruling which dated back to when the tournament was less about football and more about the celebration of trade fairs.

That meant the club’s first foray into continental competition came at the expense of Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham, who missed out as a result of finishing below Liverpool and Chelsea in the 1967/68 table.
That goes to strengthen my case then surely.
A team that is as well supported as ours and has spent as much time in the top flight as we have yet has won nothing of note for 65yrs, surely must be considered to be starved of success ......ergo long suffering

Last edited:
Maybe you should, knock yourself and make your list I say.

The article didn't say "the longest suffering of all fans" it just said "long suffering fans"
I don't think anyone claims that Newcastle have suffered longer and/or more than any other set of fans.

As for the last bit that would be fair to say that about any fans outside the clubs that win all the shit.
Take Sunderland for example, most of your fans believe they deserve better, that they don't deserve to be languishing in League 1

That goes to strengthen my case then surely.
A team that is as well supported as ours and has spent as much time in the top flight as we have yet has won nothing of note for 65yrs, surely must be considered to be starved of success ......ergo long suffering
I agree, to a point. Though how do you define long suffering ? qualifying the champions league numerous times, coming second in the premier league, getting to 2 FA Cup Finals in a row ? within the past 20 odd years. Its not like you are Wolves and have been in the bottom tier in recent memory.

Its getting to the self entitlement thing again. You get 40-50k every other week and think you deserve something and you are long suffering. Why should you even be winning anything ?

This isnt pointing the finger at you but a lot of Mags i know think they deserve to be at the top and win things. Generally the post 1992 lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not even tell you what a single Newcastle message board is called let alone post on one

Its f***ing bizzare behaviour. Imagine waking up one day and thinking "i know today i am gonna log onto a message board of a club i hate and post thousands of times"

f***ing weirdos

I am quite familiar with Consett football club. I go many times a season when I am back in the Northeast. Not one Consett fan has ever claimed their owner has destroyed the club.

My best friend and best man is an Evertonian. He has never argued that the club is out of position or protested outside the ground.

A workmate is a season ticket holder at Orient. Have never heard him rant about under investment.

I could go on. Leeds fans have a right to be angry at their owners/previous owners. Nottingham Forest too.... , Portsmouth fans have a right to be angry at their ownership in recent decades.

Newcastle fans are unique in thinking they are hard done by because they arent winning things or "competing" dispite spending a lot of money and breaking transfer records. How the hell can you break a transfer record and show "no ambition"? Answer me that?

Should we be higher? I think so. Should we be better run? Absolutly.
But I'm not shouting about it at shops or arguing with people on a rival messageboard.

Last edited:
I am quite familiar with Consett football club. I go many times a season when I am back in the Northeast. Not one Consett fan has ever claimed their owner has destroyed the club.

My best friend and best man is an Evertonian. He has never argued that the club is out of position or protested outside the ground.

A workmate is a season ticket holder at Orient. Have never heard him rant about under investment.

I could go on. Leeds fans have a right to be angry at their owners, Portsmouth fans have a right to be angry at their owners.

Newcastle fans are unique in thinking they are hard done by because they arent winning things or "competing" dispite spending a lot of money and breaking transfer records. How the hell can you break a transfer record and show "no ambition"? Answer me that?

Should we be higher? I think so. Should we be better run? Absolutly.
But I'm not shouting about it at shops or arguing with people on a rival messageboard.

Well, at least you can grandstand about not protesting. Maybe if you (and your fans) had kicked up more of a fuss you wouldn't find yourself rooted in the third division.

Too many sitting on their hands incase they are seen to be 'Magesque'. As much as it personally is amusing to me, objectively it's criminal that a club of your size is in the position you are in.

one minutes bragging about Europe, next it's long suffering. What a bunch of minges

We won't be happy till we are back in Europe.
Well, at least you can grandstand about not protesting. Maybe if you (and your fans) had kicked up more of a fuss you wouldn't find yourself rooted in the third division.

Too many sitting on their hands incase they are seen to be 'Magesque'. As much as it personally is amusing to me, objectively it's criminal that a club of your size is in the position you are in.

Exactly this. Was incredible watching sunlun till I die when they were all expecting promotion from the champo at the start then when they were bottom of the pub league they just seemed to accept it.

There would have been hell on in Newcastle if we were ever somehow were in that situation

Last edited:

What changes did your shop shouting, restaurant shouting, fake funeraling, shoe-removing, advertising board removing and boat tripping achieve, out of interest?

What changes did your shop shouting, restaurant shouting, fake funeraling, shoe-removing, advertising board removing and boat tripping achieve, out of interest?

Mobilised the supporter base into protesting to the extent Ashley felt compelled to give 10K season tickets away as attendances plummeted.

Nee point mentioning attendances being down because we're shite as we had full houses in the second division. Nee point mentioning the last time being because of Rafa either as we did the same in 2009/10

Last edited:
Mobilised the supporter base into protesting to the extent Ashley felt compelled to give 10K season tickets away as attendances plummeted.

Nee point mentioning attendances being down because we're shite as we had full houses in the second division. Nee point mentioning the last time being because of Rafa either as we did the same in 2009/10
Newcastle crowds down = protest
Any other clubs crowds down = shit fans

Is this what you're saying?

Did your protests achieve anything?
No. They didnt. Because as any rational fan knows, we are no longer significant in the upper echelons of football. The very fact the premiership will restart behind closed doors says it all.

Instead there was a short lived boycott and then a near full house every week. While online you all said Ashley was killing your club as he broke transfer records.

Ill ask again... can you honestly say its possible to break transfer records and not show ambition?

Newcastle crowds down = protest
Any other clubs crowds down = shit fans

Is this what you're saying?

No. I'm not sure where you've got that from?
Did your protests achieve anything?
No. They didnt. Because as any rational fan knows, we are no longer significant in the upper echelons of football. The very fact the premiership will restart behind closed doors says it all.

Instead there was a short lived boycott and then a near full house every week. While online you all said Ashley was killing your club as he broke transfer records.

Ill ask again... can you honestly say its possible to break transfer records and not show ambition?

They did achieve something, no amount of putting your fingers in your ears is going to change that. With regards the Premier League restarting behind closed doors, a few other leagues are doing it? Do the fans not matter in the Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga?

Yes, considering before Almiron signed our transfer record had stood since 2005 (before Ashley took over). Even then £23m (or thereabouts) is a run-of-the-mill transfer fee at the time of the signing being made.

The Joelinton signing is a total misnomer. I'd be amazed if Hoffenheim saw anywhere near the £40m+ reported.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back