March to June 2020 - NEWCASTLE UTD fc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standard Bruce season. Good start, load of injuries leading to downturn in form, underwhelming January, now the fallout with a key player, who will be replaced by a British player who works harder but has a fraction of the talent (Tom Cleverley or Robbie Brady, come on down).

All that's needed now is the disappointing cup exit and the slight upturn in form at the end of the season. He'll probably either emulate Rafa's best season or do slightly better, which he'll never shut up about

I follow a few mags on Twitter and Bruce seems to get some unreasonable stick for seemingly doing as good a job as Saint Rafa. The bloke could win a trophy and some would still moan on about him. If he wins it's just pure luck and losing is what they expect.

Anyone else noticed the same, I only follow a few so this obviously isn't me suggesting they all hate him.

I follow a few mags on Twitter and Bruce seems to get some unreasonable stick for seemingly doing as good a job as Saint Rafa. The bloke could win a trophy and some would still moan on about him. If he wins it's just pure luck and losing is what they expect.

Anyone else noticed the same, I only follow a few so this obviously isn't me suggesting they all hate him.

i just get annoyed by the 'rafa was forced to buy ' murphy/ muto/ sels/ joselu' type drum banging, so any bad signing he makes its cos ashley forced him to, but if he gets a cracking one like the keeper or schar its genius, not just like any other manager where if he makes a good one he gets priase he makes a bad one he gets flack

i just get annoyed by the 'rafa was forced to buy ' murphy/ muto/ sels/ joselu' type drum banging, so any bad signing he makes its cos ashley forced him to, but if he gets a cracking one like the keeper or schar its genius, not just like any other manager where if he makes a good one he gets priase he makes a bad one he gets flack

I get that he was a top level manager, not now mind but he has a Godlike status for doing not a whole lot really. Spent loads on promotion but then you get the net spend rubbish. Fair play to Benitez he played an absolute blinder with the press and fans, absolved of any blame.

Not seen much of the mags this season because they aren't struggling like I'd hoped, but this lad has looked their best player when I have. Think they'll make a mint on him, which is Ashley's MO.

I get that he was a top level manager, not now mind but he has a Godlike status for doing not a whole lot really. Spent loads on promotion but then you get the net spend rubbish. Fair play to Benitez he played an absolute blinder with the press and fans, absolved of any blame.

he did a solid job, but they got some luck in their promotion run like the bloody brighton away game and brighton ballsing it up when they had the title nearly sewn up with games to spare (think they lost to bristol, then gk scored 2 ogs v norwich then gk again fluffed in leveller v villa to hand toon the title)

i reckon loads of managers could have taken who they had left and the 60m spend and got promoted

maybe not grayson like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back