March Challenge - Landscape composition - Voting thread.

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme for March was Landscapes, or rather Landscape Composition.

We're looking for well composed landscape shots maybe, or maybe not, inspired by these:

Here and Here

You have 7 days to vote and votes will be public.

IMHO, there were some cracking entries this month.

Last edited:

Steeeeed: The composition of this image is my favourite. The blues, greens and the pinks look inviting.

Icarebecauseyoudo: This is the best composition IMO. Beautiful sky, beautiful symmetry.

ayesane: voted for my self as I like this picture. The sky is wonderful and it was taken in my home village :cool:

ayesane: voted for my self as I like this picture. The sky is wonderful and it was taken in my home village :cool:

you can do that. bollocks. Lost challenges in the past by one vote :evil::lol:

Some lovely photographs this month.

I've voted for Ian Hesford BB - (I don't like the white printing in the bottom left hand corner though).
Malmomackem.
and ICBYD.

my eternal thanks to Socrates for my vote, I'm happy just not to be on zero in my first month.

Can't believe Ayesane voted for himself when you can see the voting :lol::lol:

MalmöMakem gets my vote, love the contrast of the light shining through such dark clouds

Another epic fail for me. Clyde and icbyd for me. Clyde's shot reminded me of many distant, but satisfying shites and pisses taken at the bottom of them very steps, while night fishing on the 'Northie' :)

Discounted all the Seascapes as I thought the challenge was pretty clear,
Landscape composition, or possibly urban landscapes.

paws dogs on the beach can't be classed as a landscape by any stretch of the imagination surely.:confused:

So it's ICBYD and Malmo for me.

paws dogs on the beach can't be classed as a landscape by any stretch of the imagination surely.:confused:

I agree with that bit, I think a lot of voters just vote for their favourite picture rather than taking the challenge into account.

Well that rule should apply to more than my entry if that's the case...
Hesfords BB is similar in terms of composition other than mine is from a more acute angle.

Well that rule should apply to more than my entry if that's the case...
Hesfords BB is similar in terms of composition other than mine is from a more acute angle.
Don't worry, you haven't been disqualified; everyone is entitled to vote as they see fit - your picture would have been moved before voting if it didn't count.

Seascape don't count as landscape? Bloody ell, better call myself a landscape photographer incorporating a few seascapes lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did ask in the discussions of this months challenge and Easy Tiger said seascapes were allowed as long as they're well composed.

Well I did ask in the discussions of this months challenge and Easy Tiger said seascapes were allowed as long as they're well composed.

Don't be offended, it's just my view, and peoples opinions are reflected in the voting.
Thats what this board is all about ( I think)

Seascape don't count as landscape? Bloody ell, better call myself a landscape photographer incorporating a few seascapes lol

So there's no difference between the two then ??????????;)
A bit like crossing a Chairwoman and Chairman and calling her/him a Chair.
Maybe they are just scapes........

Eh?? Are beaches not part of the landscape now??

I voted for Paws because I think it's a well composed photo with nice colours and reflections, and it is clearly on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back