March to June 2020 - NEWCASTLE UTD fc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you come up with a ridiculous figure like that?

The lad suggested spending £500m on transfers, add on the £300m purchase price and you’re at £800m already before you consider building a new training ground and spending money on a ground most mags admit needs a revamp. Does that not take spending to ‘around the £1B mark’?
Sorry, hadn't seen you were talking about £500m player investment. You're still talking about £200m difference, and you're not accounting for any income from player sales or otherwise.

Living down in Manchester I’d say the rivalry will subside from their side but probably intensify from ours.

I’m going off how City fans were towards United which bordered on obsessive whereas United had a bigger rivalry with Liverpool.

There was still a rivalry of course and there always will be with us and them but I’d imagine they’ll develop a new one with Arsenal or Spurs or whatever, like City and Liverpool seem to all of a sudden hate each other.
I think that's probably a fair point, don't think a London club though, maybe a Leeds if they get promoted.
I didn't mean the rivalry will go away in my earlier post just that it will be a lot less.

Sorry, hadn't seen you were talking about £500m player investment. You're still talking about £200m difference, and you're not accounting for any income from player sales or otherwise.
Just out of interest, how much do you think it would cost to build a new state of art training ground and carry out a revamp of the ground?

Living down in Manchester I’d say the rivalry will subside from their side but probably intensify from ours.

I’m going off how City fans were towards United which bordered on obsessive whereas United had a bigger rivalry with Liverpool.

There was still a rivalry of course and there always will be with us and them but I’d imagine they’ll develop a new one with Arsenal or Spurs or whatever, like City and Liverpool seem to all of a sudden hate each other.

The amount of mags signing up and posting around the clock shows that this won’t happen. They’ll remain obsessed with us and attempt to rub our noses in any potential success. We are their entire world.

Just out of interest, how much do you think it would cost to build a new state of art training ground and carry out a revamp of the ground?
Man City’s is valued at £200m but is widely regarded as best in world. Ground revamp wouldn’t cost much if capacity stays same. Only needs a lick of paint.

I think that's probably a fair point, don't think a London club though, maybe a Leeds if they get promoted.
I didn't mean the rivalry will go away in my earlier post just that it will be a lot less.
You lot are so deluded it's actually unbelievable, Why you have this such high opinion of yourselves is baffling.

Man City’s is valued at £200m but is widely regarded as best in world. Ground revamp wouldn’t cost much if capacity stays same. Only needs a lick of paint.
That’s what I was thinking, which would take the spending by the investment fund to around the billion pound mark. Fishy isn’t going to happy with this.

You lot are so deluded it's actually unbelievable, Why you have this such high opinion of yourselves is baffling.
not sure what you think in that is a lofty opinion.
I don't see how not thinking we will develop a particular rivalry with a London club but maybe a Leeds if they get promoted is a high opinion of myself.

not sure what you think in that is a lofty opinion.
I don't see how not thinking we will develop a particular rivalry with a London club but maybe a Leeds if they get promoted is a high opinion of myself.
The person you quoted was talking about the comparison between Manchester City and Manchester United, with Man United having a bigger rivalry with Liverpool over the years.

You have said the rivalry could become a lot less, as if this takeover is a guarantee of success, and as if we won't ever get back to the Premier League.. and in that time, you can forge a rivarly close to what we have, with Leeds.

Maybe you can fuck off to a Leeds board, tit.
John Hall absolutely ruined them forever, delusional doesn't even cover it.
You would think they would have learned over the years to reign it in, but they never fail. The have some monster sized egotistical opinion of themselves that nobody outside of Newcastle understands.

Last edited:

Nah they'll still hate us. Case in point is Leeds Utd. Man Utd fans (proper ones) still despise them. Not as much as Liverpool but they still hate them despite Leeds being in a lower division for almost two decades. I think the Mags would love us to rot in League One for a good few years (which probably will happen) but I think a fair few will miss playing us. They'll want us to be in the same division so they can smash us.

Don’t flatter them. Take a look at social media, there’s been regular SAFC related stuff posted from nufc fans/accounts since this took off. Understandable because I've no doubt we’d be doing the same if the roles were reversed, but one thing the gap between the 2 at the moment with us in League 1 has proved is that we definitely haven’t become irrelevant despite what some of them would have you believe.

You can piss off with that shite. You must have been walking around with your eyes shut if you didn't notice the amount of kids (an embarrassingly adults for that matter) suddenly sporting mag tops in traditional Sunderland areas from 1992. Saying that if you're from Ferryhill you would have missed all this anyway so maybe you'd be better off keeping your mouth shut about things you have no idea about. There's a good lad.
spot on, we lost a generation from the Durham/Shields cusp areas. Maybe he hadn't been born then because it was so apparent at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back