Manheim Lease Car Inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoliver

Striker
My lease car goes back soon. Manheim are due to carry out the pre-collection inspection. How strict are they on damage etc? Looking at the T+Cs, fair wear & tear doesn't seem to cover much!

in my last job they where very lax with a colleagues car and let allsorts slide...... wheras they savaged mine:lol:. Different inspectors mind so i guess its all down to who you get

My lease car goes back soon. Manheim are due to carry out the pre-collection inspection. How strict are they on damage etc? Looking at the T+Cs, fair wear & tear doesn't seem to cover much!

I had one picked up by them last month, what in particular are you worried about?

Three people turned up, one to drive the car away, a women did the paperwork and a bloke checked the car, took photos etc. There were a few chips on the bonnet and he wrote that off as wear and tear, there was a slight scuff on the front right side which he didn't notice. They seem to work very fast so as long as the car isn't a mess/trashed I wouldn't worry too much. Check your tread depth though, they won't take it away if it is below 1.8!

I managed to get all my charges dropped in the end but that's another story.

http://www.lexautolease.co.uk/assets/LEX_AUTOLEASE_DUAL_LICENCE.pdf

Gives you what they actually look for, you'd be surprised what you can argue with them over as they don't letting you see their guidelines
Mate, that is brilliantly useful - thank you

I had one picked up by them last month, what in particular are you worried about?

Three people turned up, one to drive the car away, a women did the paperwork and a bloke checked the car, took photos etc. There were a few chips on the bonnet and he wrote that off as wear and tear, there was a slight scuff on the front right side which he didn't notice. They seem to work very fast so as long as the car isn't a mess/trashed I wouldn't worry too much. Check your tread depth though, they won't take it away if it is below 1.8!

Got a scuff on a corner of the back bumper and one of alloys is a bit scuffed. Having read the guide posted by @peil I feel a bit better about it!
I just need to give it a hoover out and remove the kid related marks on back seats.

Last edited:
I had a transporter T28 van on lease, ended up taking out the ply lining and putting a new one in myself as it was cheaper than the lease company were going to charge me for a few "stains" and bashes to the ply.

It was a van for god sake, surely expected wear and tear on a van would include the fact that you were carrying stuff in the back of it.

I had a transporter T28 van on lease, ended up taking out the ply lining and putting a new one in myself as it was cheaper than the lease company were going to charge me for a few "stains" and bashes to the ply.

It was a van for god sake, surely expected wear and tear on a van would include the fact that you were carrying stuff in the back of it.
You'd think so marra! The bastards

To be fair, Mannheim, BCA and the likes seem to treat their own drivers the same way. I see them picking up cars from the auctions for delivery elsewhere and they spent an eternity going over the car inside and out, taking photos from all manner of angles to cover their arses from claims.

How did you manage to get charges dropped?

How did you manage to get charges dropped?

Made the last payment early as I wanted rid of the car, they came and collected it I then heard nothing for 1 and a half months. Got a letter saying agreement has come to an end and we will be in touch shortly to advise of any charges. Two days later I got a very threatening letter saying you owe this, pay in 10 days or you will incur extra charges etc. It didn't even say what the charges were for.

I was willing to pay as most of it would have been excess mileage which I knew I was over but I thought the letter was a bit off so I sent the Peugeot CEO an email attaching the two letters, saying I didn't like their threatening letters, I've been a customer for 6 years etc. All charges dropped within a week!

I've done it with Peugeot, BT, O2, Travelodge, Travel Republic and ASOS, you get sorted straight away and you get shed loads more than going via customer services.

Mate, that is brilliantly useful - thank you

Got a scuff on a corner of the back bumper and one of alloys is a bit scuffed. Having read the guide posted by @peil I feel a bit better about it!
I just need to give it a hoover out and remove the kid related marks on back seats.
Our boy just had his taken back by these fellas and they were a nightmare. Car was spotless but they're busy trying to charge him £175 for scuffed alloys! He's in process of fighting it

Made the last payment early as I wanted rid of the car, they came and collected it I then heard nothing for 1 and a half months. Got a letter saying agreement has come to an end and we will be in touch shortly to advise of any charges. Two days later I got a very threatening letter saying you owe this, pay in 10 days or you will incur extra charges etc. It didn't even say what the charges were for.

I was willing to pay as most of it would have been excess mileage which I knew I was over but I thought the letter was a bit off so I sent the Peugeot CEO an email attaching the two letters, saying I didn't like their threatening letters, I've been a customer for 6 years etc. All charges dropped within a week!

I've done it with Peugeot, BT, O2, Travelodge, Travel Republic and ASOS, you get sorted straight away and you get shed loads more than going via customer services.

Going straight for the jugular is the best course of action with any complaint.

I've just given a salary sacrifice car back to Alphabet and the guy they sent to get it was twisting about it. i told him to fuck off as its a three year old car and what did they expect to see on a car that age?

Just waiting for the report back as to how much they want to charge me and then to fight the fuckers!

I've just given a salary sacrifice car back to Alphabet and the guy they sent to get it was twisting about it. i told him to fuck off as its a three year old car and what did they expect to see on a car that age?

Just waiting for the report back as to how much they want to charge me and then to fight the fuckers!

What damage had been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back