Man tests positive for being a total helmet

"Get a job" Says the man filming the person trying to do their job.

Absolutely pathetic. Don't think the man making the video is following social distancing guidlines either despite him getting all irate (although I don't think he knows why) about lockdown. Squeezing himself into a 2ft gap to shout abuse through the window at a bloke who's at work.

Guy does seem like a total helmet but there's a point in there somewhere. Sitting trying to catch folk speeding doesn't seem like the best use of resources.

Been a massive increase in people doing ridiculous speeds on the road during the lockdown measures

I really don't get the mentality of people who twist about speed cameras.

Don't f***ing speed :lol:
Every driver speeds at some point. If all drivers drove the limit everywhere it would be total gridlock.

These camera vans are a pain in the arse as they seem to be located in some strange places. For example the A690 location before the Houghton turn off.. why here? when the A19 has far more incidents. Is it because they dont want folk slamming the anchors on at a higher speed road perhaps. Come to think of it I cant say Ive seen a camera van on a road with a speed limit over 50

I'm sure it does but fewer cars on the road also limits the likelihood of a collision so the risks of speeding are lessened.
Unless you crash or hit someone. Then the paramedics have to come and scrape the kidneys of a 3y old playing in the street off the tarmac.

It's pretty f***ing simple. Don't speed.

Some helmet came flying past me in a skyline yesterday doing about a hundred in a 50. Utterly ridiculous.

For Northumbria and Cleveland police, I imagine the camera operators are in a resource pool of 2 or 3 with possibly 2 camera vans, possibly more. As these are specific roles, I don’t see how they could be reassigned to another task. They’d just be getting paid to not do their job and the vans parked up.

The alternative is for the respective forces to furlough them. Imagine the outcry if that happened when there’s lunatics driving around at speed because the roads are quiet.

Every driver speeds at some point. If all drivers drove the limit everywhere it would be total gridlock.

These camera vans are a pain in the arse as they seem to be located in some strange places. For example the A690 location before the Houghton turn off.. why here? when the A19 has far more incidents. Is it because they dont want folk slamming the anchors on at a higher speed road perhaps. Come to think of it I cant say Ive seen a camera van on a road with a speed limit over 50
That video was the A19 wasn't it?
I'm sure there are quite a few boxes need to be ticked before they can place a camera they don't just rock up, number of complaints, near misses, accidents etc, I think anyway.

Back