Mammoth

David Brent

Goalkeeper
Anyone watch this last night? I really liked it. It's worth a watch.

A PE male teacher was frozen by an avalanche at the end of the 70s and brought back to life after being found in 2024. He's still very much set in his way (those of us of a certain age know exactly what PE teachers were like in the late 70s/early 80s) but is now having to deal with a female head of department, unsupportive parents, open sexualities, no British Bulldog allowed etc etc.

Written by Welsh comedian Mike Bubbins (a decent rugby player in his time).

Caught a

A PE male teacher was frozen by an avalanche at the end of the 70s and brought back to life after being found in 2024. He's still very much set in his way (those of us of a certain age know exactly what PE teachers were like in the late 70s/early 80s) but is now having to deal with a female head of department, unsupportive parents, open sexualities, no British Bulldog allowed etc etc.

Caught some of it when i was channel hopping last night and it was very funny.

PE teacher poured a glass of wine for himself and one for his friend, then drank his, asked his mate if he could drop him off somewhere as he'd been drinking, his mate agreed and then he polished off his glass of wine as well, before taking the rest of the bottle of wine when they left.

I might watch some more if it's all as good as that.

I had Richie Pitt as my pe teacher, you missed out smoking cigs 😂

Yeah they showed a pilot about 18 months ago, this episode was a massive upgrade on that - there 6 episodes in the series.
I think there's only 3, I had a look last night.

Really enjoyed it, could have easily gone into a horrible cliche of "Oh you can't do that anymore" the world's a bit mad but it managed to avoid it. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments too.

I seen it . The internal discourse many still have . Nothing really funny apart from the fact he vocalises it. Good mix of lampooning the character and the modern reaction to overt masculinity by turn .

I think there's only 3, I had a look last night.

Really enjoyed it, could have easily gone into a horrible cliche of "Oh you can't do that anymore" the world's a bit mad but it managed to avoid it. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments too.
3 released straight away, 3 in a few weeks.

I thought it was rubbish. I was really looking forward to it as I was 25 in 1979 so thought it would appeal. But jokes were tired and things like his relationship with his "grandson" were plain daft, it might improve but I doubt I'll watch.

Back