Making a Murderer (Netflix)

Are you ill ?
Read your description man ? Why would any normal sane person want to watch content that and i quote " is sickening stuff " ? Thats not entertainment surely ?

I understand that given the context my comments were unclear. The crimes themselves were awful but the truly sickening and riveting stuff is the way the County built their case.

I understand that given the context my comments were unclear. The crimes themselves were awful but the truly sickening and riveting stuff is the way the County built their case.
What did you think of the lasses ex boyfriend who was a witness? No family our friends/partners were even questioned? So suspicious

Aye, I don't want to spoil it in case anybody hasn't finished yet, but that call about the car was ridiculous, surely that should have been case closed.

Well when you see how Durst was granted reasonable doubt, rightfully so too given the lack of charges brought against him, it beggars belief.

I came across a bit severe there sorry , at my age i avoid distressing , depressing programmes too old for that anymore,

Well when you see how Durst was granted reasonable doubt, rightfully so too given the lack of charges brought against him, it beggars belief.

Yep, not saying he definitely didnt do it but the prosecution/police actually created reasonable doubt.

@CatRyan, I guess some will see this thread differently because you started it :lol:. I read this when you originally posted it and was intrigued about what program you were on about but then it was you so I didn't bother with it too much. After I saw @Az*'s post, I decided to watch the 1st episode and it was that interesting, I ended up binge watching the rest over the next 2 days so thanks for that time wasting idea!! :lol:

I thought it was going to be stories about various true crime things and not mainly all around the one bloke. After the first episode, I tried not to Google it to see what it was about as it might spoil something but then I wanted to know if it was worth watching the next episode. Stupidly I did and then found out why it continued so had a spoiler. Even so it didn't spoil it too much as the 2nd episode soon explained what happened. After a few episodes, it got to the point I honestly thought it had to be made up as it had more twists and turns than 24, Prison Break, Lost and Dexter combined! (you can actually imagine Dexter fitting right into this anarl!)

People should just watch it as it's quite gripping TV if you like true crime or just shit that has twists and turns and has you thinking about various things throughout as you try to work it out yourself.

After googling it, there's some interesting stuff going on with and I don't think this is going to go away. If anything it will gain momentum once it gets more into the social media world and people latch onto it like they do with things like this.

Mods, if you read this there's already another 2 threads posted after this thread and no doubt will be more when more people see it :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/making-a-murderer-netflix-documentary.1176312/
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/making-a-murderer.1176514/

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to episode seven at the moment. Rivetting stuff and good for people not putting spoilers in.
Can't help likening the Avery's to the Dingles of Emmerdale.

If you don't know whether to watch it (I recommend it, though Xmas Eve isn't the best time to start watching it), here's the 1st episode. Netflix hoyed it on Youtube for anyone to watch and the rest are out there as has been posted in this thread also.

Although there are already spoilers in the thread, if you don't want any more spoilers then don't scroll down to read this next post.

I saw this pic on Twitter but you may not make it out, especially if you can't image zoom.

Logon or register to see this image

Here's a link to the text version and I've copied the text below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMur...11_the_excused_just_posted_this_on_fb_to_the/

Juror#11( the excused) just posted this on FB to the Steven Avery Project FB Page (self.MakingaMurderer)
submitted 21 hours ago * by shadina123

I was juror #11 Excused after 4 hrs of deliberating. After reviewing all of the DVD's from dassey interrogations which were given to me by Dean and Jerry at the Dassey trial , hearing all the evidence in the courtroom and watching making a murderer. It is clear to me that Steven did not do this. Right when we got into the deliberating room to deliberate one of the jurors who is the father of the Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy shouted it out he's guilty and refused to look at the evidence. I also met with a juror after the trial and ask him why they convicted him and his statement was think of all the things he did when he was younger. Now if that's why they convicted him that is just one more reason to have a retrial, in my opinion. And so much didn't add up to Steven doing this. Rick the excused juror.

He has photos as well. https://www.facebook.com/Steven-Avery-Project-161414550884179/?fref=nf

VERIFIED: http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html thanks
****************************************************************************************************

Now in the VERIFIED link above to the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Setinel mentions this

Perhaps more to the point for Avery, the panel selected Friday includes a man whose son works for the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department and a man whose wife works for the Manitowoc County clerk of courts office. Avery, 44, is charged with killing 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach.

Those connections are significant because Avery claims that a vial of his blood was left unsecured in the clerk's office and that sheriff's deputies used it to plant his blood inside Halbach's vehicle.

Finished watching them last night. There is a part of me that hopes it is just a really well scripted American style Made in Chelsea where they are all actors, it's scripted and we have all been fooled in to thinking this really happened in 'the greatest country on earth'

Made in Chelsea? :lol: Like I said, it's like 24, Prison Break, Lost and Dexter combined with all the twists and turns. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried but it will initially make you wonder if it is scripted in some way as it's simply so unbelievable that it happened that way!

It's gaining momentum and rightly so in my opinion as there's a few too many things just not right. The saddest fact is, someone killed that poor lass and she's not coming back. It may well have been the 2 who got done for it and the evidence was just 'enhanced' to ensure a conviction. The concern being, all the other shit still doesn't fit together too well!

What was really astonishing was when Sheriff Petersen said they could have just killed Avery so why would they try to frame him? Well could they just kill the lass to protect themselves? I don't think so but I could well believe they could frame the 2 lads.

I did think they'd get a new trial while watching it and couldn't believe it when they didn't. I reckon this will change now the documentary has created doubt in the minds of just about everyone who watches it as it's gaining momentum.

For the Arsebook and Tw@tter users

https://www.facebook.com/Steven-Avery-Project-161414550884179/?fref=nf

https://twitter.com/HelpStevenAvery

p.s. Not the best pic of her but this reporter was a wad! Though at first she looked very similar to an actress I've seen before but couldn't recall her name. This also threw me along the "this is made up" route)

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just watched the first four episodes back to back and I'm hooked. I'm quite into crime documentaries etc but this is on a different level.

How the police have gotten away with this is ridiculous. The poor bloke must think the whole world is against him, doesn't bare thinking about being in prison for 18 years for something you didn't do then going back in 2 years later! Seems like a nice guy anarl.

I've just watched the first four episodes back to back and I'm hooked. I'm quite into crime documentaries etc but this is on a different level.

How the police have gotten away with this is ridiculous. The poor bloke must think the whole world is against him, doesn't bare thinking about being in prison for 18 years for something you didn't do then going back in 2 years later! Seems like a nice guy anarl.

Yes because all nice people pour gasoline on cats and throw them in the fire. Not certain he's guilty but nice is pushing it.

I was gonna sack it off after ten minutes, I didn't think a documentary could keep me interested for ten episodes. I am really glad I watched it as it's fascinating, frustrating and very f***ing disturbing all at the same time.

To think shit goes on like this in a country as advanced as the USA, it just gets worse and worse as it goes on. I'd recommend it, you won't forget his story in a hurry.
Think it's fairly common over there.
Read the John Grisham Novel 'an innocent man' which is non fiction and absolutely shocking.
If you're poor, you're fair game to get arrested and be guilty, and if you're rich you can do what you want, like poor rich Ethan
http://m.huffingtonpost.com/news/ethan-couch-affluenza/

Last edited:

Back