Majorca

That’s awful you don’t expect that when booking holidays.
was in Murcia Friday till yesterday afternoon and the rain and thunderstorm were canny impressive yesterday morning.

We have a few people in the office who've been unable to drive home to Malaga/Marbella due to the main motorways up to there being totally cut off and stranded - having to sleep on sofas down here etc.

Luckily nothing of this severity, so sad for all involved, RIP.

Were in SA Coma next to S'illot" Ive never seen a storm like last night. It's f***ing horrible watching the helicopters and lifeboats going across the bay presumably just looking for bodies. RIP to all those poor people.

I was in Majorca 3 weeks ago and will be back again in a week or 2. When you see the geography of the island it's easy to see why floods like this happen.
Like a lot of the islands in the med, they have those huge storm drains that are usually bone dry when you see them on holiday.

Majorca is such an amazing place as well, it has almost everything you could want out of a holiday. Some beautiful places and one of my favourite destinations.

I was in Majorca 3 weeks ago and will be back again in a week or 2. When you see the geography of the island it's easy to see why floods like this happen.

we we there cycling 2/3 weeks ago and got caught in a terrible storm...only lasted 30 mins but inches of standing water even then.
Terrible what's happened out there at the moment

we we there cycling 2/3 weeks ago and got caught in a terrible storm...only lasted 30 mins but inches of standing water even then.
Terrible what's happened out there at the moment
Aye I was there then as well. When it rains it chucks it down. Mustn't have been pleasant while riding about on a bike.

Aye I was there then as well. When it rains it chucks it down. Mustn't have been pleasant while riding about on a bike.

terrifying to be honest....sky went black and the rain was stinging like hale....brakes obviously virtually useless. Was on the road from Formentor to Port Alcudia so wide open( not that I'd want to shelter under a tree in lightning mind)
Then 30 mins later sun out but still loads of standing water.

Took a bit of dring to get my shoes dry for the next day :lol:

That’s awful you don’t expect that when booking holidays.
was in Murcia Friday till yesterday afternoon and the rain and thunderstorm were canny impressive yesterday morning.
I was just up the road from there (La Zenia) last week in Sept. I'm so glad we missed that!

Like a lot of the islands in the med, they have those huge storm drains that are usually bone dry when you see them on holiday.
Yeah, they have that "spainish stink" about them because they just dont get flushed out with water.

Until they do.

Back