Maja

F**k that. Would be a backward step bringing in people with his attitude. He wanted to be away for a payrise, he got it, we move on.
How’s that a bad attitude wanting more money and to better himself instead of turning out against forest green in an empty stadium mad on here man

Absolutely dreading that. I get really attached to players and we haven't really had to see many go on to better things (because we signed shite) in recent years
Same, I would be gutted if Clarke or Stewart went anytime soon mind, We need to tie down Stewart ASAP.

If he’d never played for us previously I’m absolutely certain he’d be the type of player we’d be looking at. Young, misguided, great stats, point to prove..

Great stats? Can't say I've really followed the lad, but I think he's only ever hit double figures here in a freakish half season in League One. He's then went on to do very little since has he not?

I don't blame the lad for going, he was off to a club higher in the food chain with more money in his pocket, and of course his agent will have been pushing for the move.

I'm not sure he fits what we'd expect from a front man these days. He doesn't seem to have the work rate of Stewart or Simms and he'd probably expect to play ahead of both.

I liked the lad here, but what he's done since has me thinking it may have just been a purple patch in his career where everything he hit went in.

His attitude? Bore off. I know full well he wanted to stay dont listen to the narrative that pushed.
Bull shit, he couldnt get out of the door quick enough. Did you actually watch the STID Coverage on Netflix ? his entire attitude was clear to see, his persona spoke volumes. DIid what il expect a lot of young lads to do...he chased the money..
He asked for a certain amount of money, got offered it, ignored the offer, dragging it out and then agreed a deal with another club.

That’s the attitude of a snake, not what we want at our club.
Totally agree Pete.

Bull shit, he couldnt get out of the door quick enough. Did you actually watch the STID Coverage on Netflix ? his entire attitude was clear to see, his persona spoke volumes. DIid what il expect a lot of young lads to do...he chased the money..

Totally agree Pete.

You are watching a tv programme which is edited. I was told what went on from the initial offer to the final offer and he was willing to stay if he was offered in and around the same money.

But lets be realistic here, if you think a kid is chasing the money by moving to a Ligue 1 team like Bordeaux over a then English League 1 team then youre not very clever.

Tim hat on, I'd have had him here as a back up striker.
I would not have him back, re-signing players rarely ever succeeds for Sunderland and Maja's agent would want far too much money for him to come back anyway, the luck that carried when he was with us seems to have deserted him so why put ourselves through so much pain.
I am more than happy with the set up at present, Lambrini football with the odd champagne moment added rather than the old menthes and cheap cider.

You are watching a tv programme which is edited. I was told what went on from the initial offer to the final offer and he was willing to stay if he was offered in and around the same money.

But lets be realistic here, if you think a kid is chasing the money by moving to a Ligue 1 team like Bordeaux over a then English League 1 team then youre not very clever.
Maybe the person who told you that was wrong? 😳

Either way i wouldn't have him back here as he's been mostly ineffective since he left. His career hasn't progressed in the way he'd hoped I'm sure he'd agree.

Last edited:
Nearly 4 years ago he left man. Find a bridge and get over it.

Crackers how many threads are started about someone who played one season’s worth of games for us.

So many on here think they’re scouts by mentioning past players/suggestion we resign them.
Maybe the person who told you that was wrong? 😳

His “sources at the club” is probably his mar in the ticket office.

Last edited:

Right your telling me your an ITK ??? Any one who offers you more money would bound to appeal. incase your unaware France is NOWT these days to travel to ( you can get there for £30 these days !!! )
But please confirm your telling me you were party to the entire negotiation process ? After all you seem to know the fine details.
Your entire assumption is blown apart by the simple fact....HE LEFT.

Right your telling me your an ITK ??? Any one who offers you more money would bound to appeal. incase your unaware France is NOWT these days to travel to ( you can get there for £30 these days !!! )
But please confirm your telling me you were party to the entire negotiation process ? After all you seem to know the fine details.
Your entire assumption is blown apart by the simple fact....HE LEFT.

Ah mate why you so rattled? He did leave and I dont blame him after the way he was treated and having the opportunity to play in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Back