Mafia 2 explanation help *massive spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one knows what happened to him. The way is left open for the DLC. It's why I traded it in after completing it feeling disappointed, no way am I spending more money on the DLC to finish the game.

Paid £37 to complete it in a day and a half, and then not find out what the fuck happened.

Good game up until then IMO, and I loved the original PC game.

Joe hasn't been killed. They intend to kill him, but the ending is left on a cliffhanger to lead into DLC or the next game; whichever they decide to do.

Joe hasn't been killed. They intend to kill him, but the ending is left on a cliffhanger to lead into DLC or the next game; whichever they decide to do.

Just finished it earlier so had avoided this thread.

Ending would have been better with a gunshot to signify his death, letting him escape would just be shit. Vito was struggling with his lifestyle to start with and if they released a DLC with Vito freeing Joe or Joe escaping it would make a mockery of the last few chapters.

Quite enjoyed the game but it was glitchy as fuck, badly paced at times and needed a better save sytem.

How many games these days go much past 10 hours in the single player bit though?

Long games are the exception not the rule.......
most devs put it in a sandbox universe so it seems there is more to do than there actually is, usually at the expense of a single player story, pisses me off anarl when a game MW2 for example has a diabolically short single player and geared for multiplayer, even psone games had playtimes over 10 hours.

most devs put it in a sandbox universe so it seems there is more to do than there actually is, usually at the expense of a single player story, pisses me off anarl when a game MW2 for example has a diabolically short single player and geared for multiplayer, even psone games had playtimes over 10 hours.
agreed. its criminal how short games are now and geared more for online gaming. im not interested in online games tbh and for £40 i expect more than 15 hours play. old gta's i never fuckn finished and i played all the fuckn time

The sandbox element of Mafia 2 was shit though.

I went on a robbing spree, got chased by the cops after about 4 or 5 robberies and died in a car crash, no save points outside the missions is cack.

The sandbox element of Mafia 2 was shit though.

I went on a robbing spree, got chased by the cops after about 4 or 5 robberies and died in a car crash, no save points outside the missions is cack.
made the game seem longer though, did it not?
thats the point too many devs substitute multiplayer for a single player story...i prefer single player as online gaming on the whole is canny shit

made the game seem longer though, did it not?
thats the point too many devs substitute multiplayer for a single player story...i prefer single player as online gaming on the whole is canny shit

The driving between missions dragged the game out. The save system I found annoying, and at times it felt like I was watching it rather than actually playing it.

Makes it sound like I hated it but I would recommend it. Loved the look and the soundtrack, just could have been so much better......

The driving between missions dragged the game out. The save system I found annoying, and at times it felt like I was watching it rather than actually playing it.

Makes it sound like I hated it but I would recommend it. Loved the look and the soundtrack, just could have been so much better......

agreed

Ending was shit like. Game was so-so.

Anyone else actually feel like they had fuck all to do with "the mafia"? I just felt like I was doing a few jobs for some oldish blokes who could have been anyone.

Very mixed game, some good missions and some absolute dire ones. Lack of save points and glitchy as fuck (fell through the road at least 10 times or had cutscenes not load (tho this may be my drive or discs as its doing it on Dead Rising 2 now))

Ending was shit like. Game was so-so.

Anyone else actually feel like they had fuck all to do with "the mafia"? I just felt like I was doing a few jobs for some oldish blokes who could have been anyone.

Very mixed game, some good missions and some absolute dire ones. Lack of save points and glitchy as fuck (fell through the road at least 10 times or had cutscenes not load (tho this may be my drive or discs as its doing it on Dead Rising 2 now))

agreed

though i didnt notice anything too glitchy or any trouble with cutscenes

agreed

though i didnt notice anything too glitchy or any trouble with cutscenes

Glitchiest game I've played in a long time.

Bit where you break into the govt office I stealth killed one of the guards only to find myself standing strangling thin air as he shot me. Happened a few times before I finally killed him.

After one mission every single car on the road was a cop car. Canny funny in hindsight.

Stealth killed the Irish fella in prison anarl, meaning I had to restart the fight as there was no way out the room :lol:

Few times I fell through the scenery anarl.

Glitchiest game I've played in a long time.

Bit where you break into the govt office I stealth killed one of the guards only to find myself standing strangling thin air as he shot me. Happened a few times before I finally killed him.

After one mission every single car on the road was a cop car. Canny funny in hindsight.

Stealth killed the Irish fella in prison anarl, meaning I had to restart the fight as there was no way out the room :lol:

Few times I fell through the scenery anarl.

i got anything like that like.

really enjoyed the game but it was too short and quite easy. could have been alot better. i want to play the expansion thing for thingys revenge but DC is blocked for rentals and i doubt itd be worth buying to play that

i got anything like that like.

really enjoyed the game but it was too short and quite easy. could have been alot better. i want to play the expansion thing for thingys revenge but DC is blocked for rentals and i doubt itd be worth buying to play that

I dont go on Live (would probably be banned if I did anyway) so can only play DLC if it comes out on disc, like the Fallout 3 DLC did, and some of the Borderlands ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back