Madness at Newcastle Racecourse - 28th June

Madness at Newcastle Racecourse - 28th June.

I'd like to go and I'm trying to persuade some friends to go. Their doubt is over the actual location of the stage within the racecourse site - one is hesitating on the off-chance it rains on the day (I said take an umbrella).

If I'm looking at Google Maps, I can see the satellite image of the racecourse but can't identify where the stage area will be.

I can see the stands and the circle around where the horses are walked.

Would I be right in assuming the stage would be to the right / east of this area in the grassy area to the south of the football pitches or is it away from the racecourse in the grassy area to the north of the football pitches? There's a third location with a lake on the north west corner, north of an access road called Loverose Way as well.

Those areas are the only places I can identify where a stage could be set.

Apologies for my ignorance as I've never been in the grounds of Newcastle Racecourse since I was a young kid.

Another question is roughly what time would the music start as I'm not interested in the racing. Website says gate open 3:00 p.m., but I'm imagining music start would be more like 6:00 p.m.
I'll add I just want to go and don't give a toss.

Last edited:

Music will likely start about 9 after the racing. That’s if it is an evening racing card which they tend to do around that time of year. I’ve seen plenty of acts at the racing around various courses down south and they have all come on around that time.

I saw them there in June 2019. The weather was perfect and the stage was just to the left of the grandstands when facing the racecourse (pic for info). To be honest though the sound wasn’t that great and I was way too pissed by the time they came on to really enjoy it although I thoroughly enjoyed the day as a whole.

Logon or register to see this image

I went with the good lady and we had a night booked at the hotel just outside, we rocked up at 3, had a pint outside hotel and then went in, we hadn’t realised (I know) a race card had been on and everyone inside was p_sser as farts (literally), we still had a great night and Madness were fab but I wouldn’t do anyone at a race course again. My stupidity I know 👍

I saw them there in June 2019. The weather was perfect and the stage was just to the left of the grandstands when facing the racecourse (pic for info). To be honest though the sound wasn’t that great and I was way too pissed by the time they came on to really enjoy it although I thoroughly enjoyed the day as a whole.

They are finished now. The lead singer is always pissed and can’t walk
I went with the good lady and we had a night booked at the hotel just outside, we rocked up at 3, had a pint outside hotel and then went in, we hadn’t realised (I know) a race card had been on and everyone inside was p_sser as farts (literally), we still had a great night and Madness were fab but I wouldn’t do anyone at a race course again. My stupidity I know 👍
What did she do wrong like? I’m guessing it happened in the bogs?

Last edited:

Right, it's next to the stands. That's all I needed. Thanks.

I'll forward photo to my friends and that should satisfy them.

I'd like to go and I'm trying to persuade some friends to go. Their doubt is over the actual location of the stage within the racecourse site - one is hesitating on the off-chance it rains on the day (I said take an umbrella).

If I'm looking at Google Maps, I can see the satellite image of the racecourse but can't identify where the stage area will be.

Would I be right in assuming the stage would be to the right / east of this area in the grassy area to the south of the football pitches or is it away from the racecourse in the grassy area to the north of the football pitches? There's a third location with a lake on the north west corner, north of an access road called Loverose Way as well.

Apologies for my ignorance as I've never been in the grounds of Newcastle Racecourse since I was a young kid.

Another question is roughly what time would the music start as I'm not interested in the racing. Website says gate open 3:00 p.m., but I'm imagining music start would be more like 6:00 p.m.
Madness at sol yesterday

What happened?

Back