Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be some player signing for the mighty Charlton. If he was that good he would have been in the championship now. He looks and sounds like a complete wanker anyway. Pointless binning McGeady off because of dressing room unrest & bringing this knacker in. He doesn't even support us anyway does he, people just assuming so because he is from up here.

Yup. Just illustrates how shite our business has been this summer (excepting in defence). We’ve added squad fillers to a squad of filler where what we actually needed were targeted injections of real quality.

We did exactly the same in January. Wright aside, none were starters and 2 never played a minute. That in the month where you really need first reamers to improve your promotion chances.

Must be some player signing for the mighty Charlton. If he was that good he would have been in the championship now. He looks and sounds like a complete wanker anyway. Pointless binning McGeady off because of dressing room unrest & bringing this knacker in. He doesn't even support us anyway does he, people just assuming so because he is from up here.

The mighty Charlton who beat us twice last time they were in our division and who were promoted?
Maddison has proven to be a very good player at this level.

9 months ago I would have been delighted with this signing , but he now won't be fit for some time. He obviously thought he was going to get a better move before covid struck and be on 12-15k a week but it's not a good time to be a free agent.

What a stupid fuckin post

The mighty Charlton who beat us twice last time they were in our division and who were promoted?
Maddison has proven to be a very good player at this level.
Don’t think they beat us twice mind.

I wonder where Maddison fits in. They’ve got Doughty and Oztumer on the wings at the minute. Or if they play as a 3 behind a front man then they’ve got Aneke and Johnny Williams too, maybe Gilbey more advanced as well. A few very good league 1 players will be on their bench or missing out all together.

Last edited:
9 months ago I would have been delighted with this signing , but he now won't be fit for some time. He obviously thought he was going to get a better move before covid struck and be on 12-15k a week but it's not a good time to be a free agent.

What are your forwards like? I reckon he'd have disappointed with us, thrives on playing through balls and crosses into mobile, strong forwards.

We have none of those.

Be amazed if he was fit enough to play, didn't he do pre-season with a 8th/9th level team in Peterborough?
He was training with Peterborough Sports, non league. The football I know that he's actually played was turning out with mates at the local Powerleague.

What are your forwards like? I reckon he'd have disappointed with us, thrives on playing through balls and crosses into mobile, strong forwards.

We have none of those.
Ssshhh, we are a disgrace for not signing him regardless of whether he fits out system, our other players or his attributes, or wage demands, or anything else. He turned Charlton down last season as didn't want to move there, so is his heart in it?

Despite the same supporters complain when we don't do our research on a players character.

Don’t think they beat us twice mind.

I wonder where Maddison fits in. They’ve got Doughty and Oztumer on the wings at the minute. Or if they play as a 3 behind a front man then they’ve got Aneke and Johnny Williams too, maybe Gilbey more advanced as well. A few very good league 1 players will be on their bench or missing out all together.
Parkinson had Oztumer at Bolton iirc. Did well for him there. Cheeky punt?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back