Mad Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you smoke too much! That's what I kept thinking - 'these people must stink!'
:lol:
My Dad would have been about the same age as DD. Looked a bit like him too with slicked back black hair. He smoked two packs a day and died of lung cancer in 1982. Mam was a smoker too. Our entire childhood we must have unwittingly walked around in a cloud of rancid fag smoke.

My Dad would have been about the same age as DD. Looked a bit like him too with slicked back black hair. He smoked two packs a day and died of lung cancer in 1982. Mam was a smoker too. Our entire childhood we must have unwittingly walked around in a cloud of rancid fag smoke.
My Dad was a cigar smoker and at one time Mam smoked too. As a kid I used to exaggeratedly 'choke' on their smoke and insist that a candle was lit when they were smoking to draw the smoke away from me. Not sure where I got that from. But their smoke was enough to put me off smoking. Ever.

So you're an alcoholic mysogynistic wife beating sociopath? Well done you, you have great taste in suits but lose the trilby!
Just the good stuff man, nivver smerked, like a drink but never seen Don with a pint of real ale and I'm a good lad these days when it comes to being faithful and our lass would probably knack me ! Apart from that I'm just like him.....

Loved it , debating about watching it all over again

Saw tha very first episode last week while I was just channel surfing. Don is not the finished product yet and has to go crawling to Tara off Sons of Anarchy after being rude to her for having the audacity of being a lady business owner.

That's the thing though, you watch an episode and think 'fuck all happened there' then the next episode you realise that actually loads happened and it was all subtely done.
Fantastic show.

It's a fair comment he makes though. Compared to other hit serials recently like 24, the Wire, Sons of Anarchy, Sopranos, GoT, Ray Donovan etc it really is a slow burn - no tits or violence! At first I said I'm not gonna watch some drama about work, but got sucked in by the visuals and had to put up with the subtleties of the story arcs that sometimes seemed disjointed. What happened to Ginsburg? Or Sal? Or the bloke who joined the Krishnas? Or all the bewers Don left in his wake - the jogging teacher? The doctor's wife? Roger's young wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back