MacBook Keyboard Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisthm

Winger
Massive faux par committed by me. Went to clean the bairns MacBook keyboard with a wet wipe last night. Cleared all the crap from the keyboard and now a load of the keys don’t work. Plugged in an external keyboard and that works.

Looks like I have bust the MacBook keyboard, possibly shorting it out. It needs replacing and am not confident enough to replace it myself even with the assistance of YouTube.

Anyone aware of an individual or reliable shop that will replace and repair it for me at a reasonable cost?

Cheers

I did similar with my imac keyboard, even bought a replacement keyboard, stuck my keyboard on radiator one night and it seemed to work

Massive faux par committed by me. Went to clean the bairns MacBook keyboard with a wet wipe last night. Cleared all the crap from the keyboard and now a load of the keys don’t work. Plugged in an external keyboard and that works.

Looks like I have bust the MacBook keyboard, possibly shorting it out. It needs replacing and am not confident enough to replace it myself even with the assistance of YouTube.

Anyone aware of an individual or reliable shop that will replace and repair it for me at a reasonable cost?

Cheers
My mate recommended this place in Birtley for an iPad repair. Might be worth a call.
Collections - North East PC Repair

Mate check what year it is. If it's a MacBook for the last few years.. Apple acknowledged issues...

"Users that are experiencing any of the issues described above with their MacBook or MacBook Pro can get the servicing done free of charge through Apple stores or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. For anyone that was already experiencing the problem and had to pay for servicing through Apple, the company will be refunding customers the cost of the repair. The program will cover eligible MacBook and MacBook Pros for 4 years from the date of purchase." It's the new butterfly key style.

Mate check what year it is. If it's a MacBook for the last few years.. Apple acknowledged issues...

"Users that are experiencing any of the issues described above with their MacBook or MacBook Pro can get the servicing done free of charge through Apple stores or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. For anyone that was already experiencing the problem and had to pay for servicing through Apple, the company will be refunding customers the cost of the repair. The program will cover eligible MacBook and MacBook Pros for 4 years from the date of purchase." It's the new butterfly key style.

Will check that out. How do I determine year ? The model number is A1466. Cheers

I know this will be of no help to you now but you can buy MacBook keyboard skins for a couple of quid. They just lift off when you want to clean the crumbs and other crap off the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back