M&S New Store

Not a chance that will stay open. No way will Sunderland* have 2 clothes / home stores in the city, this is a direct replacement imo similar to Arnison and Teesside Park. I'd imagine it's more so they can sell it / re let it depending on who owns it. Darlington got new lighting and new signage in 2017, it was gone in 2018. Wouldn't take much from it.

*Before some goes down the nit pick view, check the address. To people down South it's one place.

They run each one as an individual business unit. As soon as it isn't making enough profit for shareholders it will be gone. I think the one in the town holds its own on food sales mainly because of the lack of alternatives, more so since Tesco closed.

Done the same with that zebra crossing mind, awful place to have one just around the corner.

Aye it’s sometimes impossible to see if anyones there without almost stopping anyway because the approaches to it are so hidden in between the cars at either side, especially if they’re 4x4s or vans.

They run each one as an individual business unit. As soon as it isn't making enough profit for shareholders it will be gone. I think the one in the town holds its own on food sales mainly because of the lack of alternatives, more so since Tesco closed.

Aye agreed similar to whats happened at both Stockton, South Shields and Middlesbrough in recent years. Mind that said South Shields did shut directly because of the extension at Silverlink, guess someone didn't realise there was a river there

Last time I was there was around Christmas time. My lass was crossing the zebra crossing with our picky tea and some bellend came flying round the corner and nearly hit her. The M&S bag for life fell to the floor and she gave him the bird. He put his hand up at her to apologise but no apology was sufficient enough to make up for £50 worth of tapas being sprawled across the road.

Luckily it was only the Spanish Omelette that had slight damage but it could have been a lot worse. If our cheese had been damaged then I’d have had to give this man a piece of my mind!

Last edited:
Last time I was there was around Christmas time. My lass was crossing the zebra crossing with our picky tea and some bellend came flying round the corner and nearly hit her. The M&S bag for life fell to the floor and she gave him the bird. He put his hand up at her to apologise but no apology was sufficient enough to make up for £50 worth of tapas being sprawled across the road.

Luckily it was only the Spanish Omelette that had slight damage but it could have been a lot worse. If our cheese had been damaged then I’d have had to give this man a piece of my mind!

Nicely done. :lol:

That is such a weird coincidence. Another poster on this very thread wrote about a really similar incident. Small world!

Never mind having kids, Having a successful career, saving someone life or travelling the world. I don't think you can say you have accomplished life until you can do all of your food shopping at M&S.

Back