LVCC D1 - Middlesex v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor start to the season by Durham.

Same as last season, let the tail wag too much.

Last edited:

Be fair, unlucky not to win this game

And the bowlers have taken 40 out of 40, for not a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Sort of agree. I think we lack that cutting edge that'd take us from top four to guaranteed champions. We put ourselves in some good positions but just don't seem to be able to kill teams off.

Last edited:
If it wasnt for that lost hour around tea I think Durham would have won no bother. Once time became a big part of the equation it was always going to make it difficult.

Surely more than an hour?

Yes, we would have been 10/1 on to win

Sort of agree. I think we lack that cutting edge that'd take us from top four to guaranteed champions. We put ourselves in some good positions but just don't seem to be able to kill teams off.

Can't really see that as a critique of this game. There was less than 3 days play in total

Icarebecauseyoudo said:
Can't really see that as a critique of this game. There was less than 3 days play in total

We let their tail score far too many runs. We seemed to have a good chance of getting them out for less than 100 but let it slip.

Given the amount of time lost though we did fantastic to get so close to winning it.

Middlesex bowler Steve Finn told BBC London 94.9:
"It's obviously good to play against a team of Durham's quality and calibre, to play against the people that they have in their side is as close to international cricket as you're going to get.

"I thought we played some good cricket and they did as well, and I think the draw was fair in the end but we felt as though we had a sniff.

"It takes a little while to adjust, I hand't bowled in a match since the last test in Sri Lanka two weeks ago. It takes a while to loosen up, I didn't intentionally bowl badly in the first part of their first innings but it happens and I feel as though I've blown the cobwebs off and in the second innings I feel as though I hit my straps and bowled relatively well."

Fuck off you lanky , you were saved by the afternoon rain. We had 45 overs to score 130 and we'd have pissed it. We only lost wickets as we were chasing the win late on.

*Fuck off you lanky kent.

Looking at mid table this season I reckon.
Its been a disappointing start and its predictable for people to post in that manner, however its been the top order batsmen who have not yet hit form and when they do I'm sure we'll be a team to fear again. Hopefully this is our bad spell out of the way.

However we will also have the dubious pleasure of Onions being whisked away at some point during the season for England duty which is a worry and perhaps Stokes.

I'm not sure if Collingwood coming back is a good thing for the team. A bit like Harmison I think once they are finished with England they are well - finished. However Durham remain very loyal to certain players and Colly is one of them. Hopefully that loyalty will be reciprocated by him this season.

The weather so far has also been against us because had we had a couple of hours more today I have no doubt we would have won.

C'est la vie.

Manner?

Just a feeling that will we win a few and lose a few thats all. Saying that I dont think any one team will dominate so it could be wide open this season.

Manner?

Just a feeling that will we win a few and lose a few thats all. Saying that I dont think any one team will dominate so it could be wide open this season.
I mean that there will be few optimistic Durham fans at the minute. In my opinion there are at least 6 teams who could win ie everyone bar middlesex, Sussex and worcester. However once you let teams get 30 points in front of you then you are on the back foot from the off.

If we fail to win at The Oval next week then I could well see changes being made at Durham. The committee doesnt hang around long if there are decisions to be made.

the pressure is definitely on Durham now. If Warwickshire beat Sussex next week and we lose at The Oval then there could be a 50 point gap between us and The Bears.

You'll definitely see changes then.

I mean that there will be few optimistic Durham fans at the minute. In my opinion there are at least 6 teams who could win ie everyone bar middlesex, Sussex and worcester. However once you let teams get 30 points in front of you then you are on the back foot from the off.

If we fail to win at The Oval next week then I could well see changes being made at Durham. The committee doesnt hang around long if there are decisions to be made.

the pressure is definitely on Durham now. If Warwickshire beat Sussex next week and we lose at The Oval then there could be a 50 point gap between us and The Bears.

You'll definitely see changes then

If it was similar to this week would that not be a knee jerk?

Its been a disappointing start and its predictable for people to post in that manner, however its been the top order batsmen who have not yet hit form and when they do I'm sure we'll be a team to fear again. Hopefully this is our bad spell out of the way.

However we will also have the dubious pleasure of Onions being whisked away at some point during the season for England duty which is a worry and perhaps Stokes.

I'm not sure if Collingwood coming back is a good thing for the team. A bit like Harmison I think once they are finished with England they are well - finished. However Durham remain very loyal to certain players and Colly is one of them. Hopefully that loyalty will be reciprocated by him this season.

The weather so far has also been against us because had we had a couple of hours more today I have no doubt we would have won.

C'est la vie.

Valid points. Big game for Durham on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back