LVCC D1 - Middlesex v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starting tomorrow. Need to get our season started. Looking like Collingwood will be back to bolster the top order. I think rain may be around tomorrow so it may make batting tricky on Day 1, where Lords is usually better suited to batsmen.

Strauss and Finn have been 'allowed' to play for them. Which is f***ing typical of our luck. Just as Bell and Trott look likely to play against us for Warwickshire in a fortnight too.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/cricket/9651581.Durham_face_Strauss/

Ah, Strauss, genius, in great form, anything less than a ton would be brilliant to be honest :oops:

Squad for the game:

P Mustard (19) Captain/wicket keeper
DM Benkenstein (44)
ID Blackwell (37)
SG Borthwick (16)
RMR Brathwaite (8)
ME Claydon (25)
PD Collingwood (5)
MJ Di Venuto (23)
G Onions (9)
WR Smith (2)
BA Stokes (38)
MD Stoneman (26)
CD Thorp (26)

Brath and Stoneman to sit out for us?

Smith open with MDV?
Yes, I would agree with that. Seems like a fair summation of the likely situation. Cant really drop mitch after last weeks performance both with bat and ball and Rocky wouldnt have played last week if colly had been fit.

I saw that but as the day has gone on it looks a bit more promising than yesterdays forecast which was really crap. i'm going down Friday morning first thing and will be back last thing on saturday night. To be honest I wouldnt mind a bit of rain as it will give me an excuse to take my lad into the Lords museum, which would be a treat for him.

i read today in The Cricketer Magazine that Lords has been voted the best cricket ground in the world. not surprising really but it has just raised the anticipation of my son even more. Managed to get tickets from a couple of the durham players as well so that'll save us some money. It was nice of them to do that for us.

Here's hoping its a good 4 days for our lads.

The Colonel said:
Yes, I would agree with that. Seems like a fair summation of the likely situation. Cant really drop mitch after last weeks performance both with bat and ball and Rocky wouldnt have played last week if colly had been fit.

I saw that but as the day has gone on it looks a bit more promising than yesterdays forecast which was really crap. i'm going down Friday morning first thing and will be back last thing on saturday night. To be honest I wouldnt mind a bit of rain as it will give me an excuse to take my lad into the Lords museum, which would be a treat for him.

i read today in The Cricketer Magazine that Lords has been voted the best cricket ground in the world. not surprising really but it has just raised the anticipation of my son even more. Managed to get tickets from a couple of the durham players as well so that'll save us some money. It was nice of them to do that for us.

Here's hoping its a good 4 days for our lads.

Very sad that the grounds in Kandy and Antigua in that list are no more. Good read as always though.

about 25 mins from Lords and be v surprised if they play today

I would be amazed if they play much at all accross all 4 days

about 25 mins from Lords and be v surprised if they play today

I would be amazed if they play much at all accross all 4 days

Supposed to brighten up this afternoon. Still showery though

Damp squib and even at this early stage its difficult to see a positive result being achieved in this match given the forecast.

Been a frustrating start to the season all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back