LVCC D1 - Durham v Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can our batting be fragile when we have not lost for 8 county games and eeked out 250 on a wicket which must have been nearer 180 track

Marks out of 5 for the Batting, Bowling & Man of the Match everyone?

Batting-2
Bowling-4
MotM-Rushworth

Great mornings play from Durham and TBH there has been some excellent bowling from both sides in this match. 235 was always going to be a tall order and at 131 for 2 I had my doubts but it shows in cricket the value of patience.

Overall I think that Durham were worthy winners and someone can correct me but I believe that its now 6 wins in the last 7 CC matches which just shows you the impact that Colly has had.

Noticed that he and Benkenstein seem to feed off each other and they both marshall the troops well.

I think we all have reservations about the batting from our top 3 but I expect that they will be given a chance to redeem themselves against Warwickshire. Rocky needs to score big and Smith needs to show that he is still worth his pl;ace in the side.

Benkenstein isnt really a number 4 now and its asking a lot of him to come in at 25 for 2 or so when the shine is still on the new ball.

Both not playing in April, first game will be Sussex in May.
That is a bonus.

Great mornings play from Durham and TBH there has been some excellent bowling from both sides in this match. 235 was always going to be a tall order and at 131 for 2 I had my doubts but it shows in cricket the value of patience.

Overall I think that Durham were worthy winners and someone can correct me but I believe that its now 6 wins in the last 7 CC matches which just shows you the impact that Colly has had.

Noticed that he and Benkenstein seem to feed off each other and they both marshall the troops well.

I think we all have reservations about the batting from our top 3 but I expect that they will be given a chance to redeem themselves against Warwickshire. Rocky needs to score big and Smith needs to show that he is still worth his pl;ace in the side.

Benkenstein isnt really a number 4 now and its asking a lot of him to come in at 25 for 2 or so when the shine is still on the new ball.

That is a bonus.

I wonder if we could see a mid season retirement from Benks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back