Luton sign Moncur from Barnsley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dude

Striker
Just seen on SSN that Luton have signed George Moncur from Barnsley. Don't know much about him so don't know if this strengthens Luton or not. Surprised Barnsley would sell to a promotion rival.

Just seen on SSN that Luton have signed George Moncur from Barnsley. Don't know much about him so don't know if this strengthens Luton or not. Surprised Barnsley would sell to a promotion rival.
Barnsley fans seem to be 50/50. They gave us Pearson for 500k that was a mistake, I'm hoping this one is.

Not as good as his Dad.
Yes agreed, he was a v good footballer, met his whole family at Centre Parcs a few years ago and got speaking to him as my boys were about the same age as one of his and doing same activities, well I did the speaking, he could hardly string a coherent sentence together, wasn't pissed either just a bit thick, all 3 of his boys were in the West Ham academy at the time but he only thought the eldest had a chance of making it, think that is George.

Celebrated in front of us Shen he scored against us in the 3-0 defeat at Barnsley last season , good finish to be fair but don’t think he’s played much for Barnsley this season , after watching Luton Saturday think they have better than him already

Celebrated in front of us Shen he scored against us in the 3-0 defeat at Barnsley last season , good finish to be fair but don’t think he’s played much for Barnsley this season , after watching Luton Saturday think they have better than him already
Another player that thinks they’re better than they are, in truth a journeyman who will make a canny living from the game without ever actually achieving anything.

From what I can see, Barnsley are the only one of the bigger sides selling players, Luton and us are the ones spending money to strengthen, while Sunderland, Charlton and Peterborough are strenghening through loans and free transfers. Will be interesting to see if that changes by the end of the month.

Pompey were linked with Moncur earlier in the month, from what I could tell he's a bit of a luxury, great skill but poor workrate and attitude. Hopefully he doesn't find his best form at Luton!

From what I can see, Barnsley are the only one of the bigger sides selling players, Luton and us are the ones spending money to strengthen, while Sunderland, Charlton and Peterborough are strenghening through loans and free transfers. Will be interesting to see if that changes by the end of the month.

Pompey were linked with Moncur earlier in the month, from what I could tell he's a bit of a luxury, great skill but poor workrate and attitude. Hopefully he doesn't find his best form at Luton!

From what I saw last weekend, that's diametrically opposite to the way Luton set up and play. Odd signing, particularly with a caretaker manager in place.

Who have you bought? Only knew about you losing that midfielder who was on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back