luke wright. charles colville summed him up last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoring 10 off 5 balls would give him a rate of 200.00

wright is in the last chance saloon and needs to up his game. i think he knows it as well

in 28 IT20s, wright has bowled 156 balls for 219 runs

he has taken 6 wickets at 36.50 with a best of 1 for 5

his economy rate is 8.42

that is an average of 1 over per match.

and he is an allrounder??????

when it comes to the ODIs, 50 overs stuff and world cup

strauss will return...capt
bell
trott
pietersen
colly
morgan
davies..wk
swann
yardy
anderson
tremlett

no place for wright imo

His strike rate is only 120 odd.
this is the deceiving thing, you could get that rate scoring 8 off 6 balls. if me maths is reet. it been a long time since i took maths mind

i have posted his career stats and he bowls on average one over a game. that shows his captain does not rate him really

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure I'd read 143, either way it's a decent strike rate so if he is going to play 20/20 they may aswell have him up the order and if he doesen't cut it then at least they know.

in whose slot?

bell is playing like a dream

davies, to be seen

pietersen
colly
morgan

back to opening again?

Sure I'd read 143, either way it's a decent strike rate so if he is going to play 20/20 they may aswell have him up the order and if he doesen't cut it then at least they know.
is neebody talking to me :-:)-:)-D

No, I said Albie Morkel's strike rate is 143.

That will be it.

SC - Struggle to fit him anywhere really isn't, hasn't made any slot his own. I like Davies opening, Bell is in the form of his life, KP and Morgan our 2 best players and Colly captain. Wright could try number 6 at best but I agree with you that he does really need to perform soon.

That will be it.

SC - Struggle to fit him anywhere really isn't, hasn't made any slot his own. I like Davies opening, Bell is in the form of his life, KP and Morgan our 2 best players and Colly captain. Wright could try number 6 at best but I agree with you that he does really need to perform soon.

people may think i dont like the lad but its all about performance for me. i really do hope he wins a game for england and brings out his talent

he can bowl 85mph plus, is a good fielder but his batting appears to be getting worse.

he may get more of a chance in the 50 over matches, time wise, but our top 5 may end up batting through in those games and he will be left with 5 overs at the end again

yesterday show from woakes should embarass wright into a performance. the boy saunters into the team, bowls decent enough and smacks tait about 90m for a six and then shepherds the tail to win a game

i cant remember the last time wright acheived that for england

people may think i dont like the lad but its all about performance for me. i really do hope he wins a game for england and brings out his talent

he can bowl 85mph plus, is a good fielder but his batting appears to be getting worse.

he may get more of a chance in the 50 over matches, time wise, but our top 5 may end up batting through in those games and he will be left with 5 overs at the end again

yesterday show from woakes should embarass wright into a performance. the boy saunters into the team, bowls decent enough and smacks tait about 90m for a six and then shepherds the tail to win a game

i cant remember the last time wright acheived that for england

you sure you aint mixing Jimmy and Wright together here SC ;)

you sure you aint mixing Jimmy and Wright together here SC ;)
:lol: no, sure i have seen wright bowl at that pace, somewhere along the line.

iirc he bowled a death over once, yorkers and he was reaching that pace.

so he can do it, but not very often as his stats show

I have seen him bowl about that speed once, maybe twice. But most of the time he is high 70s.

He seems to bowl very well under pressure in short bursts, but ask him to bowl a 7 or 8 over spell and he tails away a bit and gets a bit leaky towards the end of the spell. It's obvious he has potential, I do think his batting technique needs a lot of work though, it's just front foot down and swing like a rusty gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back