Luke O'Nien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got a text there off the Wycombe fan I know........

"Oi leave our best player alone and buy someone else! We're gonna struggle enough as it is. :cry: Not happy"

:lol:

Friendly Wycombe fan here. Would like to echo some of the other comments about O'Nien from our fans. He is an exceptional player, and I can't really find a weakness in his game. I've seen him described as a Duracell Bunny, an 8 year old high on Pepsi, and an overexcited puppy. You get the idea though - he never stops running. 09 is mainly defensive - quite different to Tim Cahill - and will never ever shy from a tackle. Throws blocks at everything too, and loves challenging for headers. He's also very skillful with two feet and great control - see the keepy-up videos for evidence. Scores some cracking goals too, often by arriving late into the box (Lampard style), and gets a few assists. He even started taking some free kicks and corners towards the end of last season (better than our normal taker too!)

Although his playing attributes are very impressive, he's perhaps most valuable at the game management side of football. Wins soft free kicks, time-wastes for fun, winds up opposition players, puts in niggly late tackles, and is always taking the piss. He gives away necessary fouls, subtly grabs on shirts, and gets away with a lot. It's quite amazing to watch him sometimes because he's such a snidy shithouse of a player. Horrible to play against.

I have a feeling he also contributed immensely to the team spirit too. He's got such a bubbly personality - undoubtedly the team joker - and appears to be loved by everyone. You get the feeling that he and Akinfenwa ran the dressing room - they were great mates, as shown by their extensive celebration repertoire. Always has loads of time for the fans too. He took our fan drum when we got promoted at Chesterfield and played his own song (and many others) - an iconic moment.

Also, thanks for your kind comments about our club. I've always had quite a soft spot for you guys too (as someone who follows Everton on the side), but I have a feeling that you won't be this positive about us after playing us this season. Most of L1 and L2 detest Wycombe and Ainsworth for mastering the "Dark Arts" - although O'Nien was probably the chief contributor to that. We are very well known for our blatant gamesmanship! I do think we are coming across well because everyone can see that Sunderland are a far bigger club - you have 10x more season ticket holders and will cruise it this season.

Friendly Wycombe fan here. Would like to echo some of the other comments about O'Nien from our fans. He is an exceptional player, and I can't really find a weakness in his game. I've seen him described as a Duracell Bunny, an 8 year old high on Pepsi, and an overexcited puppy. You get the idea though - he never stops running. 09 is mainly defensive - quite different to Tim Cahill - and will never ever shy from a tackle. Throws blocks at everything too, and loves challenging for headers. He's also very skillful with two feet and great control - see the keepy-up videos for evidence. Scores some cracking goals too, often by arriving late into the box (Lampard style), and gets a few assists. He even started taking some free kicks and corners towards the end of last season (better than our normal taker too!)

Although his playing attributes are very impressive, he's perhaps most valuable at the game management side of football. Wins soft free kicks, time-wastes for fun, winds up opposition players, puts in niggly late tackles, and is always taking the piss. He gives away necessary fouls, subtly grabs on shirts, and gets away with a lot. It's quite amazing to watch him sometimes because he's such a snidy shithouse of a player. Horrible to play against.

I have a feeling he also contributed immensely to the team spirit too. He's got such a bubbly personality - undoubtedly the team joker - and appears to be loved by everyone. You get the feeling that he and Akinfenwa ran the dressing room - they were great mates, as shown by their extensive celebration repertoire. Always has loads of time for the fans too. He took our fan drum when we got promoted at Chesterfield and played his own song (and many others) - an iconic moment.

Also, thanks for your kind comments about our club. I've always had quite a soft spot for you guys too (as someone who follows Everton on the side), but I have a feeling that you won't be this positive about us after playing us this season. Most of L1 and L2 detest Wycombe and Ainsworth for mastering the "Dark Arts" - although O'Nien was probably the chief contributor to that. We are very well known for our blatant gamesmanship! I do think we are coming across well because everyone can see that Sunderland are a far bigger club - you have 10x more season ticket holders and will cruise it this season.
Good read that. Thanks for sharing mate.
I'm still not confident we'll cruise the league mind - don't think we do cruise! But I'm feeling a bit more optimistic if we keep on buying lads who seem to be well respected like this one.

Thanks for posting and good luck for the season

Good post mate. Thanks for that.

PS Prefer Slough Town ;)

Good post loads of info. Enjoy the season

Thanks for the info, sounds just what we need. Good luck for the season

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Creased. Another 'in peace' fan to add to the list.

Snidy Shithouse of a player

:cool:

Sounds mint. Thanks for the post mate!

Only going on the YouTube video but one thing that really stands out with this lad is his vision. You can see he the way he shakes his body before a shot or a pass that he knows exactly what he wants to do and again only from the video he often executes it with very good technique. He is also not scared to try something whether that is a shot from distance or a flick. This one has me quite intrigued.

Sounds really promising and the video snippets are really good.

Get him signed.

Strangely the majority believe these positive comments yet ignore the negatives about Jack Baldwin

That’s the SMB, gotta luv it!

Only going on the YouTube video but one thing that really stands out with this lad is his vision. You can see he the way he shakes his body before a shot or a pass that he knows exactly what he wants to do and again only from the video he often executes it with very good technique. He is also not scared to try something whether that is a shot from distance or a flick. This one has me quite intrigued.
Shakes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back