Luke Garbutt

sandancer12

Reserve Squad
Interesting to hear on the RR Transfers Podcast that Garbutt may have been at the Academy recently for a look around.
Available on a free, L1 know how, plenty of playing experience, good age at 27, and can really help develop/challenge Hume.
Hopefully there is interest there, feels like a sensible bit of business.

Aye I'm the same, the lad can't defend. Comfortable on the ball but his defending really let's him down and imo is an obvious weakness in our side (tin hat on but I feel the same about O'Nien, the lad isn't a wing or fullback)
Yup. Full Bock was our strongest area in 18-19 and we somehow flipped it into our weakest area.

I think Hume and O’Nien are both very good in home games where the opposition sits off and lets them play high up but as soon as we go away from home there’s no productivity. Main reason why we only scored 1 goal from open play away from home in 2020 imo.

I’m sure he was playing right mid and scored against us down at Portman Road

Aye I'm the same, the lad can't defend. Comfortable on the ball but his defending really let's him down and imo is an obvious weakness in our side (tin hat on but I feel the same about O'Nien, the lad isn't a wing or fullback)

That will be two of us at least for the tin hat mate. I like 09 but he doesn’t offer us a proper solution in either position you mention.

Back