Luc Benkenstein

bumble2

Full Back
Playing for Essex in a 2nd xi championship game this week he took 5-79 in the first and is currently bowling at 6-80 in the second innings v Warwickshire who are 8 wickets down in a tight finish.
Batting he got 24 and 87!

Last edited:

Also in that game, the best player in the country without a contract gets another 2nd XI hundred. Absolute travesty that this young lad has been on our doorstep for last few years yet we haven't made a move. He is now almost a cert to sign at Warwickshire you'd think and I've absolutely no doubt he'll have a stellar career, a real special talent.

Also in that game, the best player in the country without a contract gets another 2nd XI hundred. Absolute travesty that this young lad has been on our doorstep for last few years yet we haven't made a move. He is now almost a cert to sign at Warwickshire you'd think and I've absolutely no doubt he'll have a stellar career, a real special talent.
Have you not worked out that you've got to be Ausssie or Netherlands to get a contract at Durham nowadays?

2 ex Durham Uni players in that team...both would have been handy signings for Durham you would have thought. Esp Benjamin in the Blast

Travesty is a bit strong, do you know that we haven’t made a move?

amazes me that we've never tapped into the Uni team as a source of talent.

Or if we have, haven't been successful.

I was under the impression that he’s ridiculously wealthy and may seek opportunities away from the game in the long run.

That said, he’s been at a few counties who’ve ultimately decided not to sign him, so there may be a valid reason for him still being stuck in Second XI cricket.

Back