Lower level cricket this summer

Discounting the NEPL as that has a separate thread, your thoughts on other leagues... I'll do the Darlington and District League stuff. Raby Castle, Barton, Aldbrough St John and Haughton will be strong contenders in the 12 strong A (1st) Division. Haughton have acquired Mark Little from Lands after they folded and Raby have an excellent group of players. Barton have a set up worthy of a much higher standard and a squad to match. The B (2nd) Division with 10 teams should see Spennymoor, boosted by a group of new players, Cockerton and fast improving Catterick battle it out for top spot. In the 10 team C (3rd) Division, Oxbridge will be clear favourites after their surprising relegation last year. It should be an excellent season, starting Saturday 28th.

North east durham league:
Division 1, will be a battle between Seaham Harbour, who are an unknown quantity, but with a few pemier league players should do well. Burnhope who have retained a strong group of players from last season and Kimblesworth who have signed a few as they strive for promotion to the DCL, they are best placed to achieve this - their ground is to the old county league standard and they have three team in place, only lacking a junior set up.
South Hetton and Stanhope will look to progress after strong campaigns last year. Whilst Wearmouth and East Rainton have both lost players and will struggle this time around.

In Division 2, my guess would be between Burnhope (always a strong second team), Kimblesworth (although I believe some of their top players will feature in the firsts this term), Kibblesworth (a good side with a growing youth set up) and Simonside (a old first Division side).
This leaves East Rainton, Beamish, Tantobie and Belmont.

Plus glad to see someone started a lower league thread.

North east durham league:
Division 1, will be a battle between Seaham Harbour, who are an unknown quantity, but with a few pemier league players should do well. Burnhope who have retained a strong group of players from last season and Kimblesworth who have signed a few as they strive for promotion to the DCL, they are best placed to achieve this - their ground is to the old county league standard and they have three team in place, only lacking a junior set up.
South Hetton and Stanhope will look to progress after strong campaigns last year. Whilst Wearmouth and East Rainton have both lost players and will struggle this time around.

In Division 2, my guess would be between Burnhope (always a strong second team), Kimblesworth (although I believe some of their top players will feature in the firsts this term), Kibblesworth (a good side with a growing youth set up) and Simonside (a old first Division side).
This leaves East Rainton, Beamish, Tantobie and Belmont.

Plus glad to see someone started a lower league thread.

Do Kibblesworth have junior sides now like?

There are 3 differences between Kimblesworth CC and Kibblesworth CC. The former has a 'm' instead of a 'b' in its name, is located in between Chester-le-Street and Durham and is full of bellends.

Had 10 wonderful years at Belmont. They're still going with 2 teams. Always had ground problems with some of the outfield shaded by trees. Spent many a long evening ruining Mrs Trundler's best towels mopping up pools of water. It's a proper village set-up with the general public treating the ground like it's their back garden, walking their dog, playing golf on it, kids playing football on the square etc etc.

Had 10 wonderful years at Belmont. They're still going with 2 teams. Always had ground problems with some of the outfield shaded by trees. Spent many a long evening ruining Mrs Trundler's best towels mopping up pools of water. It's a proper village set-up with the general public treating the ground like it's their back garden, walking their dog, playing golf on it, kids playing football on the square etc etc.

Son played a season their when he was 14

Top set of lads it's what grassroots cricket is all about

Remember it well Ted, me and young Tom opening the bowling, battling against the odds in NEDL 2. 2007 was it? Bit of a culture shock for the little fella though when be bowled with Jim Lawson who still gets through an over in 45 seconds!

Remember it well Ted, me and young Tom opening the bowling, battling against the odds in NEDL 2. 2007 was it? Bit of a culture shock for the little fella though when be bowled with Jim Lawson who still gets through an over in 45 seconds!

Ha ha
So we know each other ;)
Yes, happy times still has a photo on his wall after walking off after scoring
30 odd !
Great learning curve marra

Back