Louisiana - Swamp Tours

Medulla

Striker
Heading there next year and heard one of these might be worth doing...anyone have any crack on them? Worth it?

Also, any particular company that is recommended? I can see there's quite a few offering them.

Cheers in advance.

They're absolutely mint, wasn't prepared for the hoverboat thing going off so quick so if I hadn't been quick my phone would've ended up in the river. Tour guide took us to see Big Al the massive aligator and even got him on the boat and fed him chicken.

Fair drive from New Orleans but absolutely amazing, and great people.

Heading there next year and heard one of these might be worth doing...anyone have any crack on them? Worth it?

Also, any particular company that is recommended? I can see there's quite a few offering them.

Cheers in advance.

Ive been on them whenever we head down to New Orleans nice ride on an air boat...passing through the Bayous is great and you will see just random houses and shacks by the swamps...swamp people live there :lol::lol:

Cheers in advance.

Air boat tours are excellent. Make sure it's no longer than 2 hrs.

Get bored to fck any longer

Pretty sure this is the lot I went with many moons back...
http://www.jeanlafitteswamptour.com/swamp-boat.html ... but I think that's all changed

Think there's a few around Henderson in the Atchafalaya Basin, which is great...

Didn't go on an airboat, just a normal tour..... but the guide was cajun and a real interesting fella....

Just remember him steering the boat into this little bayou and then just started bashing the metal side of the boat with a baseball bat... we were all a little nonplussed...but he said "just wait"... and then sure enough a fairly big 'gator appeared....

Just had a search and think this is the actual lot I went with.... been taken over, but seems the right place....
https://www.mcgeesswamptours.com

Last edited:
I was in a bar in rural Louisiana at the start of Mardi Gras, before hitching down to New Orleans for the end of it.
Anyway, outside, they had rustic entertainment like trying to hold on to the greased pig etc. It was f***ing brilliant.
I was talking to a local.
I always remember the words he said to me by way of introduction-
" The name's Floyd Guidry, I fear no man, only God!"
Loved the South, like.

Back