Lost my dad yesterday, a lifelong SAFC fan

niallquinnsdisco

Central Defender
My dad died yesterday after suffering from an awful disease called pulmonary fibrosis for the last few years. He was 77.

He brought us up as SAFC fans, took me to my first game and many more. He was a twin and his brother was a mag cos they picked sides when they were about 6. Washington man all his life, managed betting shops around the North East, drank in concord. Brilliant grandad to our three children.

Took me across a live railway line outside Wembley in 1985 against Norwich cos it used to be a shortcut when he lived there years earlier. I questioned the wisdom "don't tell your mam and watch where you are going"

His main advice in life was never turn down a request to go to the pub or a pint.

I will miss him.

My dad died yesterday after suffering from an awful disease called pulmonary fibrosis for the last few years. He was 77.

He brought us up as SAFC fans, took me to my first game and many more. He was a twin and his brother was a mag cos they picked sides when they were about 6. Washington man all his life, managed betting shops around the North East, drank in concord. Brilliant grandad to our three children.

Took me across a live railway line outside Wembley in 1985 against Norwich cos it used to be a shortcut when he lived there years earlier. I questioned the wisdom "don't tell your mam and watch where you are going"

His main advice in life was never turn down a request to go to the pub or a pint.

I will miss him.
Sorry to hear. Keep his memory going. RiP

Back