Lossing Wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn more calories than you consume. It's not that hard like if you actually want to lose weight. If you're fat then youre already burning more calories than if you were thin.

Just cut down on sugar and high calorie foods. Make small changes to get more active: walk to the shops instead of driving, etc.

Join a gym and lift weights 3 times a week for an hour. Or run on a treadmill, or just do anything that your body is actually designed for.

Nobody can do it for you.

Keep this up for 6 months and you'll have lost a stone at least.

Burn more calories than you consume. It's not that hard like if you actually want to lose weight. If you're fat then youre already burning more calories than if you were thin.

Just cut down on sugar and high calorie foods. Make small changes to get more active: walk to the shops instead of driving, etc.

Join a gym and lift weights 3 times a week for an hour. Or run on a treadmill, or just do anything that your body is actually designed for.

Depends if you lift weights and still eat shite , you put it on Id say

Hit the gymnasium one hour a day
Logon or register to see this image

The key I feel there from what I am told is the support you get and the full encouragement to do well by others who were sucessful using the same processes.
Brilliant info.

Just eat less, most weight loss is down to diet and only a small percentage is down to exercise. My mam has lost 4 and a half stone this year and uses a rollator so no exercise as such.
What the...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do decline bench press.

You do realise there is a git massive thread on lossing wait in the exercise bit on this forum,..
Ah, so there is!

Pretty much done this. Lost a stone already.

Aye, spelling is intentional, but I have a shit job where I don’t move much, and I need to lose weight.

Easy fixes please Parsnip.

Broke my ankle a few years back, sat on my sofa for 6 weeks doing nothing. Restricted my calorie intake to 1400 a day. During the 6 weeks I dropped from 14st 10lbs to 12st 9lbs......The furthest I moved is to the downstairs bog for a shit (which didnt happen as often as was eating much less)

Losing weight really isnt difficult, just stop putting stuff in your mouth till your body genuinely needs it (you are hungry).....I dont mean "Im bored so convince myself Im hungry or its dinner time so I must be hungry".....I mean you feel the physical signs of hunger.

Work or move it off. Cut out processed food rubbish and sugar. Don't bother with fad diets, it needs to be healthy for the long haul. More veg, less of everything else is a start.

The wrong thread I know, but I have the reverse problem - I exercise daily, have a fairly healthy diet and can't get over 11 stone, I would like to put on another half a stone. Any ideas?

Broke my ankle a few years back, sat on my sofa for 6 weeks doing nothing. Restricted my calorie intake to 1400 a day. During the 6 weeks I dropped from 14st 10lbs to 12st 9lbs......The furthest I moved is to the downstairs bog for a shit (which didnt happen as often as was eating much less)

Losing weight really isnt difficult, just stop putting stuff in your mouth till your body genuinely needs it (you are hungry).....I dont mean "Im bored so convince myself Im hungry or its dinner time so I must be hungry".....I mean you feel the physical signs of hunger.
This is pretty much what I’ve been doing recently. I’m down 6lbs, so I’m doing something right. Not particularly watching what I’m eating either.

This is pretty much what I’ve been doing recently. I’m down 6lbs, so I’m doing something right. Not particularly watching what I’m eating either.

If its purely about weight loss and not health (although arguably getting to a decent weight will improve health anyway) then 1400 calories is 1400 calories......Eating a shit 1400 calories will mean you are hungry for most of the day, for instance if you give yourself that limit then eat a big mac meal with milkshake as your first meal and nowt else for the day you will still have a deficit of around 1100 calories for the day but will be starving all day.

If you eat 3 to 4 small 350 cal meals (Tuna on baked potato or a weight watchers curry etc) then you will get a lot more bang for your buck.....You end up eating clean cause smashing 300+ cals on a shitty mars bar when you can have a tin of tuna and jacket spud is mental.

Playing the numbers game works 100%

If its purely about weight loss and not health (although arguably getting to a decent weight will improve health anyway) then 1400 calories is 1400 calories......Eating a shit 1400 calories will mean you are hungry for most of the day, for instance if you give yourself that limit then eat a big mac meal with milkshake as your first meal and nowt else for the day you will still have a deficit of around 1100 calories for the day but will be starving all day.

If you eat 3 to 4 small 350 cal meals (Tuna on baked potato or a weight watchers curry etc) then you will get a lot more bang for your buck.....You end up eating clean cause smashing 300+ cals on a shitty mars bar when you can have a tin of tuna and jacket spud is mental.

Playing the numbers game works 100%
I’m 6 foot 8 and would never survive on 1400 cals mind. Maybe a few days a week, but I’m always sodding clamming.

At that height a standard 2500 will no doubt see you running a big deficit.

Play the numbers, start off at 2500 and see what your losses are like, if they are slowing or not happening then cut it by 3 to 4 hundred and have another look.......Different for everyone but top and bottom is if you eat less than you burn you is losing weight, cant happen any other way.

I’ve been hanging around the 2000 mark according to ‘MyFitnessPal’ mind. It’s working and I’m losing. As said, the numbers game is a huge part of losing it. It’s sticking to it that’s the issue.

100%, consistency is absolutely everything......Run a calorie deficit of 500 a day and you will lose one pound every 7 days. Drink 10 pints once a week and you have just wiped out most of that.

Best bit is when you are playing the numbers game it encourages you to exercise.....You want a treat, thats fine but get your ass on that bike/treadmill etc and burn off what you eat. Buy yourself the treat (soon realise the treat aint worth the pain ha ha)......Done it tonight, 2 pints of beer, 50 mins on the spin bike, fuck that, rather lay on the sofa and not have the beer.

Last edited:
Play the numbers, start off at 2500 and see what your losses are like, if they are slowing or not happening then cut it by 3 to 4 hundred and have another look.......Different for everyone but top and bottom is if you eat less than you burn you is losing weight, cant happen any other way.
Cheers mate. When I’m in the same shape at The Rock in January I’ll post before and afters ;)

Hard to do losing weight, Kudos and full applause to those that do. Easy to talk about what you are going to do, but so hard to do so at any given time and to stick to good intentions and plans.

Takes planning, determination and commitment.....just to get started working out menu's buying the items, time to cook the food or prepare items and also taking into consideration costs and storage facilities.

My sister and some from this board swear by Slimming World......and some do very well on that. Or in fact with one of the very many other organisations.

The key I feel there from what I am told is the support you get and the full encouragement to do well by others who were sucessful using the same processes.

I was told....but never really took it onboard in my little brain. Control your food and diet and do not let bad eating habits define you.

Finally you need to be happy with your choice or it will not work.

Because in reality it is a lifestyle you have to change. To all those fighting the battle of losing weight......it is not enough to win the battle.....you must win the war.

Good luck and good wishes you all and will hopefully hear from you on the boards as you cross your own finish line.

My journey is started, hope I last the route and end past my finish line.
Every single diet plan will work if you stick to it!....thats a simple but true statement!.........the hard bit and the thing that keeps the diet industry going is that its hard sticking to a diet as we are evolutionary determined to seek nourishent!Find a diet that suits you and your onto a winner, at the moment the dodo diet suits my lifestyle and my relationship with food...........its early days so here's hoping!

Every single diet plan will work if you stick to it!....thats a simple but true statement!.........the hard bit and the thing that keeps the diet industry going is that its hard sticking to a diet as we are evolutionary determined to seek nourishent!Find a diet that suits you and your onto a winner, at the moment the dodo diet suits my lifestyle and my relationship with food...........its early days so here's hoping!

Hope you have found the one for you fella. Finally under 11 Stone so happy with that from 14 Stone 10 pounds. Now just have to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back