Lossing Wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye, spelling is intentional, but I have a shit job where I don’t move much, and I need to lose weight.

Easy fixes please Parsnip.
Just eat less, most weight loss is down to diet and only a small percentage is down to exercise. My mam has lost 4 and a half stone this year and uses a rollator so no exercise as such.

I play actual running football, but I’m still fat :(

I’m mint like, like a skinny Lee Trundle.
Walking football fatty.

Just eat less, most weight loss is down to diet and only a small percentage is down to exercise. My mam has lost 4 and a half stone this year and uses a rollator so no exercise as such.
Your Mam was beautiful inside and out before she lost the weight an’all.

Hard to do losing weight, Kudos and full applause to those that do. Easy to talk about what you are going to do, but so hard to do so at any given time and to stick to good intentions and plans.

Takes planning, determination and commitment.....just to get started working out menu's buying the items, time to cook the food or prepare items and also taking into consideration costs and storage facilities.

My sister and some from this board swear by Slimming World......and some do very well on that. Or in fact with one of the very many other organisations.

The key I feel there from what I am told is the support you get and the full encouragement to do well by others who were sucessful using the same processes.

I was told....but never really took it onboard in my little brain. Control your food and diet and do not let bad eating habits define you.

Finally you need to be happy with your choice or it will not work.

Because in reality it is a lifestyle you have to change. To all those fighting the battle of losing weight......it is not enough to win the battle.....you must win the war.

Good luck and good wishes you all and will hopefully hear from you on the boards as you cross your own finish line.

My journey is started, hope I last the route and end past my finish line.

Last edited:
Whatever you choose to do, all the best with it, mate. On paper it's simple (eat less, move more) but in practice I know how difficult it can be to find the motivation.

I went vegetarian last autumn and have now also cut out dairy (decided to keep eggs for the time being, so not full vegan). That has really helped me to get back in shape, especially since the things I used usually to binge on were mostly meat-based. Even if you don't care about animals or the environment, I'd suggest starting by at least cutting down your red meat consumption. You'll feel the benefit!

Eat what's good for you and make sure you use up the energy that you get from calorie intake. Then lose a few ounces a night just by what the body needs to do to keep ticking over while you kip.

It requires studying what you eat and a bit of gumption but once you start, and see the first few pounds come off, it'll snowball.

Best way to lose weight, just run up and down the stairs until you get out of breath. That'll burn calories. You need to burn more calories than you're eating.

Basically this. You can go into further planning by working out nutrition macros and using apps like My Fitness Pal. But there's no magic formula like Slimming World and Weight Watchers will have you believe so you keep paying them, ultimately you need to burn more calories than you're eating.

I've lost over 2 1/2 stone since the end of June, I stopped eating bread, cakes, sweets, fried food and junk food.
I've never really been a breakfast eater, so Lunch either a salad or Pasta salad, Tea is mostly Veg. with either Chicken, Pork steak, Beef medallions, special treat an odd Curry and maybe a slice of toast for supper, it works out around 1400 calories a day and the weight just drops off, I feel a lot better for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back