Losing the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to stay positive... We all know what a negative affect a toxic atmosphere at home can have on performance levels.. I admit it's woeful at the minute.. I just hope we are around the playoffs come January and we strengthen the squad.. If not it will be more of this 1 dimensional football.

Last edited:

It's very worrying like. It's going in one direction and it isn't great. The appointment of Parkinson seriously annoyed me and it's already showing that we are in a rut. Very worrying times moving forward IMO. Today was another rank performance and result. Seems that the club is in a very poor state at the moment.

Donald and Co need to make a statement on how they plan to stop this slide into oblivion. I’m sure the lift situation is important to them, however I’m more concerned where the next win is coming from and what plans they have for the squad in January. The players look like they can’t be arsed, maybe when attendances start to fall then that might spring the owners into action.

What could they possibly say? "sorry lads, shit managerial appointment in Parkinson and our recruitment team are cretins" or how about "the piss taking stopped when we sold Maja, that showed the football World we would not be taken advantage of, Grigg was a steal and we're moving forward nicely"

Things are likely to turn extremely nasty at the next home game, especially if he picks that fat lazy bastard up front again.

Donald and Co need to make a statement on how they plan to stop this slide into oblivion. I’m sure the lift situation is important to them, however I’m more concerned where the next win is coming from and what plans they have for the squad in January. The players look like they can’t be arsed, maybe when attendances start to fall then that might spring the owners into action.

they have lost interest, their gamble didnt pay off last year and he cant stomach criticism.

It should be the. manager who signs players not another individual at the club.Bad practice.

It should be the. manager who signs players not another individual at the club.Bad practice.

Aye it’s failed at Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and the like.

The problem isn’t that we have someone other than the manager choosing the players but that the person doing that recruitment has fuck all experience of doing it with a league club, same as the head of the academy.

They can sugar coat it all they like but they’ve been disastrous for this club.

Last edited:
Youve got to ask the question, 'is this club in safe hands?'

I thought it was last season, but now I honestly don't think it is. They dont appear to have the capability to run a club of Sunderlands stature.

On the field we are now demonstrably worse with every transfer window that passes. A clear trend of decline is emerging. They are making a complete mess of the actual football side of the club. And given that we are in business as a football club, that's not good.

The owner is seemingly not willing to pay for a lift replacement (if this issue is even indeed true)

I want them to go now. I dont want it to become toxic, I absolutely do not want them to receive any abuse, but I've completely lost faith in them run in our club.

This is the lowest point in our history. We should have been back up at the first attempt and had they kept Maja we probably would have been champions. I know he was a one trick pony but it was a good trick. We’re falling at an alarming rate and its a shame to see. The fans deserve better. Nee ball boys in a stand is f***ing embarrassing. The worst team in all the years ive watched them. You couldn’t give me a season card if you tried. This is Trotters Independent Traders i just wish we could find that pocket watch..

I didn't go today, in more than 50 years, aside from holidays and when being ill this is the first home game I've voluntarily missed. Just bloody sick of sub-standard crap football. I'll be back for the next home league game but I've had enough of shitty cup ties and being forced to sit in the East Stand.

They had the chance to get the fans on side when Ross left. They could and should have brought someone in that would show real ambition. Instead they went for the cheap option again.

If they don’t spend and spend a good sum in January then we are in this league again come August.
Spot on.

But I guarantee that they won’t spend what’s needed in Jan to sort this shite out.

Ross has to go but seriously man. Parkinson was last on every single poll across every single platform. No idea why we went for him. We needed some with some personality, to get the fans and players running through walls. We seem to have got them running to Gregg's
££££

Youve got to ask the question, 'is this club in safe hands?'

I thought it was last season, but now I honestly don't think it is. They dont appear to have the capability to run a club of Sunderlands stature.

On the field we are now demonstrably worse with every transfer window that passes. A clear trend of decline is emerging. They are making a complete mess of the actual football side of the club. And given that we are in business as a football club, that's not good.

The owner is seemingly not willing to pay for a lift replacement (if this issue is even indeed true)

I want them to go now. I dont want it to become toxic, I absolutely do not want them to receive any abuse, but I've completely lost faith in them run in our club.

Good post , but I really hope you’re wrong

I remember under Buxton losing a 2 goal half time lead to get beat at home off Oxford. It was rancid, it felt like the bottom. This season is beginning to feel like that but in a lower division, the only saving grace is the Mags aren’t premier league challengers this time.

The club is missing a spark and It feels like we desperately need something or someone to rally behind. I feel sorry for PP, because he’s not the someone and the new investment isnt the something.

Would think they are falling already in respect of non attending ST’s mate.
For the record, I have been to three home games this season thus far.
Will go to the Coventry game as I will be able to count the amount of missiles being hoyed from the away end instead of watching the game.

They had the chance to get the fans on side when Ross left. They could and should have brought someone in that would show real ambition. Instead they went for the cheap option again.

If they don’t spend and spend a good sum in January then we are in this league again come August.
I know we have the hardcore but I am seriously worried we will drop another 5-10k off if we don’t go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back