Lords redevelopment

One of the comments on the BBC article asks what's Nick Compton achieved to deserve a stand being named after him.
pricey even for a state of the art development -why can't they bring a bit of excitement to Lords and build a trapdoor stand.?

One of the comments on the BBC article asks what's Nick Compton achieved to deserve a stand being named after him.
pricey even for a state of the art development -why can't they bring a bit of excitement to Lords and build a trapdoor stand.?
Not allowed excitement at Lord's chief

£50m to add an extra 2500 seats seems extortionate. I think that money come be best deployed elsewhere in the game

Isn't the money all from the MCC?

The sight lines at the back of the bottom tier of the current stands are dreadful like. They'll probably hike the price up from 55 sheets (at the back of the lower tier) to the £100 it is at the front for big games when it's done.

Isn't the money all from the MCC?

The sight lines at the back of the bottom tier of the current stands are dreadful like. They'll probably hike the price up from 55 sheets (at the back of the lower tier) to the £100 it is at the front for big games when it's done.

And therefore could that fifty million not be used to make ticketing more affordable for the paying spectators?

And therefore could that fifty million not be used to make ticketing more affordable for the paying spectators?

They go by supply and demand. They don't have any trouble selling out the first four days of most tests they host so why would they reduce the prices? They're not really bothered about the man in the street at Lords. They don't really wany any riff raff there hence the reason there's no fancy dress, no flags, no chanting etc. Historic venue it maybe, but it's a soulless place in a big match day. Lords is owned by the MCC which is one of the most exclusive clubs in the UK.

They go by supply and demand. They don't have any trouble selling out the first four days of most tests they host so why would they reduce the prices? They're not really bothered about the man in the street at Lords. They don't really wany any riff raff there hence the reason there's no fancy dress, no flags, no chanting etc. Historic venue it maybe, but it's a soulless place in a big match day. Lords is owned by the MCC which is one of the most exclusive clubs in the UK.

Lords is far from soulless mind.

Lords is far from soulless mind.

Perhaps soulless is the wrong word to use. I just find the atmosphere a bit sterile compared the other test match venues in the UK. For me a day at the cricket is a day with your mates on the lash and The Hollies and Western Terrace are more my cup of tea. Bit of a sing song and stuff in the late afternoon.

£50m to add an extra 2500 seats seems extortionate. I think that money come be best deployed elsewhere in the game
It's not adding an extra 2500 seats, it's replacing a couple of stands with much better facilities particularly for disabled people

It's the MCCs money, and I've no issue with them doing it. It just seems an extortionate amount for 2.5k seats
As above, they aren't tacking on a few extra seats, they're building two stands

Back