Lords Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd prefer the final to be at Lords still, for tradition and its probably easier to get to than Nottingham if going by train. I've never been to Nottingham for cricket (only football) so would happily go there if Durham gets to the final.

I know there was some dispute between Notts and Warwickshire over hosting T20 finals day. TB was due to be awarded it next year but Warwickshire wanted Edgbaston to be the "permanent home". This could be a compromise allowing Edgbaston to host finals day (in whatever form it comes from 2020) every year.

££££££££££££ no doubt

I don't mean the real reason. I mean their cloak and dagger, evasive lie they want us to believe is the reason. ;)

I know there was some dispute between Notts and Warwickshire over hosting T20 finals day. TB was due to be awarded it next year but Warwickshire wanted Edgbaston to be the "permanent home". This could be a compromise allowing Edgbaston to host finals day (in whatever form it comes from 2020) every year.

Whatever happened to the idea that T20 finals day would go around the grounds? Bit shite that one county should own the monopoly.

A Lord's final years ago was great. Packed and bouncing. Nowadays it looks half full and this is not good publicity for cricket. Moving to a smaller venue might be for the best.
I agree but the lord's b and h final used to be in peak summer, now the 50 over cup final is played nearly in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back