Looks like we’re not getting Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may be wrong but was that money not earmarked for infrastructure and development.

We simply don't know. Methven made a throwaway comment that's been blown out of all proportion. A useful deflection technique if you want to make people (meaning clubs, players and agents) think there won't be a huge pot in January. Of course, this being the SMB, what's happened is a narrative about us being so broke we can't do basic maintenance. The truth, as usual, will be somewhere in the middle, but people only want to do extremes, it appears.

Can’t imagine we’re interested in Maddison.
Money required would blow the entire budget (and more probably) and we’re looking at getting five players not one.
He’s also supposedly a bad apple and we’re having a bit of a purge on disruptive types!

£2.5m for a L1 player with a year on his contract is stupid. We were talking about £750k, and even that was generous. It's even more stupid now.
18 league games-9 goals and six assists yet we are the stupid ones😂

The time on his contract is completely irrelevant as he will have 20 better options than us when his deal ends.

Convenient excuse to not spend just like rumoured take overs. Stewart donald is just a poundland mike ashley.

18 league games-9 goals and six assists yet we are the stupid ones😂

The time on his contract is completely irrelevant as he will have 20 better options than us when his deal ends.

Convenient excuse to not spend just like rumoured take overs. Stewart donald is just a poundland mike ashley.

Exactly the same situation we found ourselves in with Maja, did Bordeaux overpay because his contract was running out? Doesn’t look like it now

We bottle it and cash in, other clubs show a bit of ambition and gamble on promotion.

We simply don't know. Methven made a throwaway comment that's been blown out of all proportion. A useful deflection technique if you want to make people (meaning clubs, players and agents) think there won't be a huge pot in January. Of course, this being the SMB, what's happened is a narrative about us being so broke we can't do basic maintenance. The truth, as usual, will be somewhere in the middle, but people only want to do extremes, it appears.
A PR person who made a throwaway comment without realising the consequences. Get real. :lol:

Also good to see its the fans fault again too.

Don't know how you have the cheek to call out people for having a narrative that needs fitting.

Out of interest.

How come you care so much about this topic being a Portsmouth fan?

You’ve liked my post that suggests Sunderland won’t get him.
You’ve also commented a few times in this thread.
I find it a bit queer as well..

Wanting the full release clause for a player with 6 months on his contract. Peterborough are gambling a hell of a lot on going up. Because if they don't, he'll be gone in the summer for nothing.
I’ve never liked Peterborough .
I don’t really know why .
Anyone not a club and they don’t know why?
Not like a club even !!!!

Why would one of these leagues top playmakers want to come to play for a hoof ball manager to do nothing other than provide an endless supply of diagonal balls into Charlie Wyke?

The state of our ground suggests we can’t.

We've gone from the big guns and every league one clubs fans club to hate to laughing stock and just another league one side in one season. Next season we won't even be an appealing club to play for because of the stadium and facilities. Just another Northern club in the wrong location unable to outbid or be more attractive than anything South of Doncaster.

Better value elsewhere imo. In almost every game I've seen us play at this level there has been one and occasionally more than one player who has caught the eye and looked better than what we have in that position. I'm resigned to us selling O'Nien to fund any purchases but the players who would improve us are out there. Not many clubs at this level will turn down an offer for £750k or £1m.

we are doing a sterling job at finding the good value players out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back