Looks like progress.........

NEPL looking at some regionalised action too, been asked if I’d be willing to play from August onwards.

From August until when? The end of August weather dependant?

Season is pretty much a write off. Am I the only one who does not understand why Cricket cannot be played with some minor rule adjustments? One ball per end, i.e one per bowler, all fielders wear gloves? I know those things change the game but the ball is the only real risk of contamination in Cricket. Its a non contact sport.
They’ve been telling us for weeks that outdoors is far better than indoors, it’s why you haven’t been allowed in anyone elses house for months but have been able to meet outside. Is holding cricket ball more dangerous than spending a couple of hours in the presence of strangers, or friends, who may be breathing the virus out into a badly ventilated pub?

a badly ventilated pub may well be better than a well ventilated one. Most ventilation systems recirculate a large proportion of the air air to save energy required to reheat or recool that air so one person sitting in a well ventilated pub can have their germs spread evenly across the whole pub in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Am sure reasonable measures could be put in place considering all the other things that are “ back to normal “

Of course hope people realise that will mean an end to the good weather...

Of course hope people realise that will mean an end to the good weather...
^This.

Can always tell when the cricket season's about to start - the rain comes and stays for a month or so (or snow, in some seasons).

I can remember first game of the season at Boldon CA one year (might have been CW then), playing in a snowstorm. Umpire told me I couldn't wear my Sunderland scarf even though it was f@@king freezing.

Had a walk down the Riverside this morning and from outside the locked ground with a restricted view I could just about make out Pottsy bowling at someone. The pitch looked in fine fettle although no seats have of course been reinstalled in The Trapdoor or the blue seat stand at the Lumley End - I guess this will be one of the tell tale signs if spectators are to be allowed to watch in August.

I suppose in hindsight going for a look today actually made me miss the place even more.:(

Had a walk down the Riverside this morning and from outside the locked ground with a restricted view I could just about make out Pottsy bowling at someone. The pitch looked in fine fettle although no seats have of course been reinstalled in The Trapdoor or the blue seat stand at the Lumley End - I guess this will be one of the tell tale signs if spectators are to be allowed to watch in August.

I suppose in hindsight going for a look today actually made me miss the place even more.:(

we done the same the other day when we collected our membership books. not sure what is happening with the blue seats though

Haven’t been up Headingley at all for that very reason :(

Not even to drive through the area

Back