Looks like progress.........

Today’s announcement about indoor and outdoor sports centre opening with a 1m distancing, must mean that local cricket can start soon. I don’t think even the silliest of short legs gets closer than 1m. No handshakes or high fives to celebrate but punching the air will be ok.

It could still mean turning up in whites and taking drinks outside more, but it should be possible to get some games in this year.

By July we must be at stage 4 in the eco roadmap.

Last edited:
Would understand if they weren’t opening pubs and cinemas either. Should be easy to track and trace 22 cricketers and their contacts if there is a cricket match centred outbreak too

Would understand if they weren’t opening pubs and cinemas either. Should be easy to track and trace 22 cricketers and their contacts if there is a cricket match centred outbreak too
Half of the people in the pub aren't playing pass the parcel with an infected cricket ball though are they? That increases the likelihood of it spreading around a team if a single person gets it

Half of the people in the pub aren't playing pass the parcel with an infected cricket ball though are they? That increases the likelihood of it spreading around a team if a single person gets it
The ball doesn't go round the whole team every time it goes back to the bowler, you know?

Although I do see your point that at any given time any fielder could be picking up a ball that may, or may not, have picked up traces of the virus.

The ball doesn't go round the whole team every time it goes back to the bowler, you know?

Although I do see your point that at any given time any fielder could be picking up a ball that may, or may not, have picked up traces of the virus.
Yeah I know it's not passed around every ball but as you say every bowler is going to get a lot of exposure to it, anyone fielding a shot will touch it. I can see why they're avoiding it outside of a sterilised area like the international games.

They’ve been telling us for weeks that outdoors is far better than indoors, it’s why you haven’t been allowed in anyone elses house for months but have been able to meet outside. Is holding cricket ball more dangerous than spending a couple of hours in the presence of strangers, or friends, who may be breathing the virus out into a badly ventilated pub?

They’ve been telling us for weeks that outdoors is far better than indoors, it’s why you haven’t been allowed in anyone elses house for months but have been able to meet outside. Is holding cricket ball more dangerous than spending a couple of hours in the presence of strangers, or friends, who may be breathing the virus out into a badly ventilated pub?
Or being in a factory or office for 8+ hours a day…

Back