Longest day of the year today

How is it the longest day?

What is a day mate? Is it time taken to revolve once? But where do we take the starting point as we are moving around the sun as well as spinning. A sidereal day is when we take the starting point as a far away star. A solar day uses the sun as the starting point. This is what we use today.

It is the longest solar day today. Even though we spend most of it in darkness.

This guy explains it better. Bout 5min.30secs in. Even though I recommend watching it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=10s&v=IJhgZBn-LHg

Even by conspiracy standards this is way off the mark mate, shortest day Shirley?:lol:

:lol:
Mate watch that 20min vid. It's mind blowing. I've seen it about 50 times.

is it the longest solar day?

Boom!!!

Not just a pretty face are you.

This thread is a total f***ing train wreck by the OP :lol:

It isn't mate. It really isn't. It's bloody marvellous and eye opening

Last edited:
What is a day mate? Is it time taken to revolve once? But where do we take the starting point as we are moving around the sun as well as spinning. A sidereal day is when we take the starting point as a far away star. A solar day uses the sun as the starting point. This is what we use today.

This guy explains it better. Bout 5min.30secs in. Even though I recommend watching it all.

How's that possible when the earth is flat?

Last edited:

Mate watch that 20min vid. It's mind blowing. I've seen it about 50 times.

Boom!!!

Not just a pretty face are you.

It isn't mate. It really isn't. It's bloody marvellous and eye opening
I’ll give it a watch shortly....:cool:

How you getting on with that book?

Good man. Make sure you so. It's mint.

I'm on chapter 5 or 6. I like it. Even though it's very heavy going. It has a lot of information to digest. She's bang on like about shock treatment.
I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to get into it but it’s class like....have you got to the chapter about thatcher yet? Evil f***ing woman, more so than what we know about her already.

Good stuff mate. Then that video I posted further up the page will be right up your street. It's amazing. I can't recommend it enough. Awe inspiring.

I haven't watched it yet, but I will do.

Was a bit unwell last week and woke up about 3am with Crohns pain. Ended up laying out in the garden watching the geminids :D

I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to get into it but it’s class like....have you got to the chapter about thatcher yet? Evil f***ing woman, more so than what we know about her already.

That's me next one mate. Can't wait. Love hating on that bitch

I haven't watched it yet, but I will do.

Was a bit unwell last week and woke up about 3am with Crohns pain. Ended up laying out in the garden watching the geminids :D

It's alright Becs. Nee need to make up a story about not being well. Just embrace your inner nerd. ;)

What is a day mate? Is it time taken to revolve once? But where do we take the starting point as we are moving around the sun as well as spinning. A sidereal day is when we take the starting point as a far away star. A solar day uses the sun as the starting point. This is what we use today

I thought you didn’t believe the earth rotated or orbited the sun

Back