Local lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just as simple as getting some childcare sorted. Some kids wont take kindly to having someone new suddenly starting pick ups. More disruption to routines etc.

Is childcare even allowed? They will be from a different household I guess, or is it classed as essential like being at school?

The said three main sources, pissed up folk, houses and sport. Plenty of pubs already saying they'll be following the advice and not allowing different households in together.

I'm sure the police have dealt with more fearsome people than your mam tbf. Not like a few choice words means the plod will go "actually, forget it, no fine after all" :lpl:
Ah buggar. Was hoping it would be proven that sport isn’t a major source of infection so we could have less disruption next summer :(

Only they haven’t the man power to police the grandparents breaking rules due to having no numbers.

The NE PCC said this morning on 5 live

They'll have enough to nab the odd unlucky folk, but of course they can't fully police it. We are relying, as always, on people being compliant. We know how that goes, hence lockdowns.
Ah buggar. Was hoping it would be proven that sport isn’t a major source of infection so we could have less disruption next summer :(

Grass roots seemed to be the term used.

Some are opting to pay for child care. Some switching to part time. Others are working from home/more flexible hours. Others hoying leave in. However, there will be some who are literally snookered, and you can understand those just doing what they need to do. But there won't be as many as being made out, some saying they are snookered won't be, its just they don't want to make any of the changes/sacrifices listed above.

A lot of this will be dependent on the workplace. Where are work it's extremely flexible atm but I'm sure some organisations will want you in on time regardless

Is childcare even allowed? They will be from a different household I guess, or is it classed as essential like being at school?

Aye its allowed.
A lot of this will be dependent on the workplace. Where are work it's extremely flexible atm but I'm sure some organisations will want you in on time regardless

I agree. Its one of several options. Like I said, some will literally have no option, but some don't want changes/disruptions etc to the norm.

Last edited:
Some are opting to pay for child care. Some switching to part time. Others are working from home/more flexible hours. Others hoying leave in. However, there will be some who are literally snookered, and you can understand those just doing what they need to do. But there won't be as many as being made out, some saying they are snookered won't be, its just they don't want to make any of the changes/sacrifices listed above.
Two teachers in my house. Both have to be in work for 8.

Live in an area where childcare places are oversubscribed in both childminders and nurseries. I travel from Gosforth to Durham every morning to drop toddler at childminders I’ve managed to locate near my mothers for the three days a week she has capacity. My mother takes the other two days.

Oldest has wrap around care paid for which we have no access to but have to pay to maintain place. Have a childminder for that child as we aren’t allowed to leave 5 years outside the school gate when we go to work, her being 5 and all.

We don’t work in jobs with flexible working hours.

They'll have enough to nab the odd unlucky folk, but of course they can't fully police it. We are relying, as always, on people being compliant. We know how that goes, hence lockdowns.

Grass roots seemed to be the term used.
I look forward to contesting any fine in court then what with myself and my wife both being key workers and all.

Two teachers in my house. Both have to be in work for 8.

Live in an area where childcare places are oversubscribed in both childminders and nurseries. I travel from Gosforth to Durham every morning to drop toddler at childminders I’ve managed to locate near my mothers for the three days a week she has capacity. My mother takes the other two days.

Oldest has wrap around care paid for which we have no access to but have to pay to maintain place. Have a childminder for that child as we aren’t allowed to leave 5 years outside the school gate when we go to work, her being 5 and all.

We don’t work in jobs with flexible working hours.

Therefore unless you can take leave you're in the snookered bracket marra.
I look forward to contesting any fine in court then what with myself and my wife both being key workers and all.

You'll have a strong cases. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Paid for childcare is allowed because its taxable income. Same reason the pubs are still open despite being the major cause of the outbreaks. There is no chance I'm trusting some random childminder to look after my kids because the tory kernts have made my perfectly good childcare arrangement illegal.

Therefore unless you can take leave you're in the snookered bracket marra.
Hence why object to accusations and complaints of selfishness about having to use a grandparent. Don’t want to but have to. Lucky lucky we can just about afford the additional costs of extra childcare arrangements. Many won’t be able to and it’s shocking decision by government which won’t be followed

Hence why object to accusations and complaints of selfishness about having to use a grandparent. Don’t want to but have to. Lucky lucky we can just about afford the additional costs of extra childcare arrangements. Many won’t be able to and it’s shocking decision by government which won’t be followed

Can't argue with any of that. But there will definitely be a load of people saying they are knackered when in truth they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back