Local cricket club teas

Hell on if there wasn't a pint of draught ale awaiting the likes of Trueman and Statham. Air would have have been blue if there'd been a bowl of fruit.
Yeah it was full on back then.
Jim Laker once recited his route home from OT after his 19 wickets in 1956.
“Drove home but stopped at a pub in Lichfield off the A5. Always called at the same one after playing in Manchester. Had a pint of mild and the landlady would make me a sandwich. No one in there knew who I was.”

Has anyone any experience of what lunches, teas are like at a first class match? Not just food choice either but do the players sit in the same room as the opposing team for instance?
Recall a doc about Lords years ago where they where they raved about the lunches and teas. I think lunch consisted of Chicken Curry. Not sure how that stacks up from a nutrition angle

I think lots of the people sad about their loss probably aren’t connected to clubs, particularly the small ones where volunteers are thin on the ground. It’s just another ballache and thing to arrange, plus the clubs that take the Mickey and prepare awful ones.
100% this, I love a cricket tea. But don't know how as a club we could do them anymore without paying a company to do it. And with an increase in petrol prices and umpires fees, don't think budget will stretch to it!

Back