Living room TV set up

I do whats this about?
Sky have teamed up with some high end audio company and made a sound Base. It's selling for £699 but if you've got sky TV they were offering it for £299 and £249 if you've got sky q. This was before Xmas so not sure if it's still running.

I'm detached its more waking up the kids i;m worried about

Not sure I want to go the whole hog and get sky Q and multiroom like. This is getting expensive as it is!
Im in the process of getting sky q and multi room. I rang them up and they gave me the 2tb box and 1 mini for a one off £30 and £12 added to my subscription.

Last edited:
Sky have teamed up with some high end audio company and made a sound Base. It's selling for £699 but if you've got sky TV they were offering it for £299 and £249 if you've got sky q. This was before Xmas so not sure if it's still running.

Im in the process of getting sky q and multi room. I rang them up and they gave me the 2tb box and 1 mini for a one off £30 and £12 added to my subscription.

Just looked- its still £299 for Sky customers.

i find women complain more about the look of a soundbar or surround sound setups more than they do the actual volume of them.

Thinking about when i eventually redo my living room/ extension, I really want a proper surround sound setup, but I do not want cables running round walls ect. I'll happily hide them under the floor then could have some small flush mount floor ports you could plug the satellite speakers into, then if you need to have a move around you can unplug the speakers and the floor port just looks like small flat bit of plastic. They wont all be right next to a wall due to the shape of what the room will be.

Edit, thinking something like this, but with an audio connector.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Thinking about when i eventually redo my living room/ extension, I really want a proper surround sound setup, but I do not want cables running round walls ect. I'll happily hide them under the floor then could have some small flush mount floor ports you could plug the satellite speakers into, then if you need to have a move around you can unplug the speakers and the floor port just looks like small flat bit of plastic. They wont all be right next to a wall due to the shape of what the room will be.
That's one of the reasons I went with SONOS, everything is wireless.

No idea if it's any good mind. My flats to small for anything like this. It's had good reviews.
Gets good reviews but I’m not sure on the big box design and it needs an optical cable (I’m assuming I’d definitely need this plugged in?). It also needs to be positioned in the centre of a wall with space around it- that sort of limits my options.

I do like the sound of the Night time and kids modes to reduce the bass mind.

Look at me, I'm spending at least 3k on a telly.
Wasn’t anywhere near 3K like

I’m getting a 65” OLED for the living room- average sized room so probably too big but who cares?

I’m wall mounting so would you suggest just putting the maximum HDMIs in the wall- including one for a soundbar (ARC) to come out near the bottom for a unit below?

I want a soundbar to give the sound a bit more oomph. I’m a bit worried about the height of the TV though- I don’t want it too high but I’ve got a two year old who will want to plaster fingerprints all over it.

Anyone got any good examples of their living room set up/entertainment units?

@ontap is our resident expert on all things TV. He will be along in a few minutes. He loves owt like this.

Back