Live footy on TV 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Early sixties I’d guess. If my mam was still here she’d be late seventies so I’m probably talking about a different generation of catleughs mate.
Yeah, Robert Was a tall blonde gangly lad. Liked to give the impression he was a bit dim but he wasn’t. I used to drink with him in the Peterlee Labour Club along with several other “ characters”
All very handy lads.
Happy Days.

I always enjoy your posts, Cloughy. Keep up the excellent work.

And I'm 50 and I still skateboard. Still doing tricks (only at the skate parks), too. When I'm at home, I rarely drive anywhere, as I prefer to skateboard. Keeps me young in attitude and outlook, I guess.

Nothing better than watching the jaws drop of some young whipper-snappers when I nail a trick that they don't think I can do.

My Grandpa used to get words mixed up. Once he said he'd been fascinated watching some boys doing tricks with ouija boards. Turns out he meant skateboards :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Robert Was a tall blonde gangly lad. Liked to give the impression he was a bit dim but he wasn’t. I used to drink with him in the Peterlee Labour Club along with several other “ characters”
All very handy lads.
Happy Days.
Bobby? I remember him, I think. I’d have been in my early teens then so it might be the same one. I think he used to knock about with joe coatmans son, also called Robert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, HC, I was being hypocritically sahcahstick, in what I intended to be jocular fashion. Unreserved apologies if I overstepped the mark. The tendency to do so is one of my many failings.
No worries mate, and absolutely no apology needed. - I was wondering if perhaps you'd had a shitty day, and I'd maybe missed an earlier post.

Carry on, being your usual very funny, and hugely entertaining, self.
This board and thread, would be a much poorer place, without your daily wit and funny anecdotes 👍

Talking of Cloughy. It’s the anniversary of his passing today I believe. A story on the radio today told of a time when Martin ONeill was dropped from Forests first team and told his colleagues he was going to have it out with the green jumpered one.
He knocked on Cloughy’s door and waited.
“ Come in Young Man”
“Gaffer I want to know why the feck I am playing for the reserves tomorrow and I want to know now !”
“ Well Young Man, you are far too good for the third team !” 😀

My Dad had a training session ran by Cloughie when he was at college. He mucked something up and Cloughie called him a stupid little man. That was my Dad's claim to fame :lol:

No worries mate, and absolutely no apology needed. - I was wondering if perhaps you'd had a shitty day, and I'd maybe missed an earlier post.

Carry on, being your usual very funny, and hugely entertaining, self.
This board and thread, would be a much poorer place, without your daily wit and funny anecdotes 👍
You're one of the last people I'd want to offend, HC, la. I've never met you but I can tell you're sound as a pound. And, as usual, far too kind!

More to do with alcohol tbh, and yes I know that doesn’t help with sleep before you start;).

Anyway early night for me, big day planned at Bolton tomorrow.

I’m going down quite early. Got some family business to attend to then meeting up with other family members who support Bolton. Having a drink in the town then taxis over to the ground. Hope our lads perform on and off the pitch.
I’ve been telling our Oscar who is now eleven all about our famous club since the year dot, tomorrow will be his first time seing us, but alas he supports Bolton.
Won’t forget that you offered to help out with tickets. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice, I like it. I had you partially in mind when I mentioned skateboards, but I had to mash it up with a few pounds of Young Ones spuds. Brian Damage & Bobby Chariot were two characters portrayed by Alexei Sayle (the former in the Young Ones, the latter in his own comedy show).

I played football competitively until well into my forties. I was still getting a game for the "normal" team until I was mid forties, then went into an over 40s league & some slow brick shithouse smashed me ankle up for me, good & proper. Broken bones were the least of my problems, all tendons, inside, outside, front & back were shredded. But I took my punishment (I'm talking about months of physiotherapy & rehabilitation), did as I was told by the consultant orthopaedic surgeon & avoided being left with a permanent limp. Sadly, none of my glamorous ankle modelling contracts were renewed, like.
:lol:

I was introduced to the Young Ones on here and caught up on some episodes. Was also introduced to the masterpiece that is Father Ted by you fuckers. I've enjoyed both immensely. My wife couldn't get into them. Doesn't get Brit humor.

I played American Football since I was a kid until high school. Running back prior to high school, and full back in high school. I was the short-yardage powerhouse that no-one could stop. I also played some basketball, but stopped shortly after I started high school. I was center for most of my youth and played well with my back to the basket, however, when I got to high school I wasn't tall enough to play center (we had some f***ing trees at our high school) so they put in as power forward and I never adjusted to playing facing the basket. Besides, I enjoyed playing American football more. I was never a jock, though. All my friends were the skateboard "outcasts". Same group of friends that I still have today. Bunch of knuckleheads but I would give my life for any of them.

I've tried being cool with him many times, but he seems hell bent to poke, so I'm done playing. He's annoying. And now that I know he's one of Hank's demons, I'm even more annoyed with the fucker.
He thinks he’s smarter than he is mate. A classic case of he doesn’t know what he doesn’t know”

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I was introduced to the Young Ones on here and caught up on some episodes. Was also introduced to the masterpiece that is Father Ted by you fuckers. I've enjoyed both immensely. My wife couldn't get into them. Doesn't get Brit humor.

I played American Football since I was a kid until high school. Running back prior to high school, and full back in high school. I was the short-yardage powerhouse that no-one could stop. I also played some basketball, but stopped shortly after I started high school. I was center for most of my youth and played well with my back to the basket, however, when I got to high school I wasn't tall enough to play center (we had some f***ing trees at our high school) so they put in as power forward and I never adjusted to playing facing the basket. Besides, I enjoyed playing American football more. I was never a jock, though. All my friends were the skateboard "outcasts". Same group of friends that I still have today. Bunch of knuckleheads but I would give my life for any of them.
Excellent. It's great when you have mates like that. More like brothers, really. In my case, more like brothers than my brother!

I’m going down quite early. Got some family business to attend to then meeting up with other family members who support Bolton. Having a drink in the town then taxis over to the ground. Hope our lads perform on and off the pitch.
I’ve been telling our Oscar who is now eleven all about our famous club since the year dot, tomorrow will be his first time seing us, but alas he supports Bolton.
Won’t forget that you offered to help out with tickets. Thanks.

Can’t go graft in the morning :(

Reminds me of going to leets aged 9/10 in 1967 with my big Easington cousin staying with us in Wakey. I “ thought” I was a Leets fan ( all at school were) until I went into the ground & I said to him, “ everyone sounds like you & my mam & dad”.
I’d found my home :)
Their record crowd that neet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back