Live Football on TV 14/08/19

Evening guys, hope you've all had a good day. Had my stress test, all good and they gave me the all clear for my holiday in October, but still need to see the consultant to go through everything. Off tomorrow, in work Friday then just doing Mon,Weds,Fri till I get back after our trip then go back to full-time again. Have a great evening and enjoy the super cup and any other sport on the telly ⚽ 🏏🤞.
Great news mate. Hope everything goes ok when you see consultant 🤞

Is that on Seaside Rd, opposite the Colliery Welfare? If so Mrs W has been in there years ago ;) just the once :)
Personally I was more of a Colliery Club man/boy tbh.
Aye, marra, on the left hand side of Seaside Lane as you come down the bank. I've nivva been in. But I remember it well. Brilliant name for a pub, I think.
We used to gan in the Trust with me granda. Arnly the locals carld it that. I nivva knew why. It's actual name was the Station Hotel. Oddly enough, it was near the owld railway station! Carlin (as opposed to Carling) Sunday. Pace Egg Day. Nivva hear of those things now. Ancient traditions, possibly gone.

I thowt U10 was in the SE Corner, Edd ,la, burra didn't like to say owt in case ye windmilled us....
Would never happen marra, I steer clear of that malarkey, feel free to include me in the long list of thickheeds on this forum.

Although I’ve been out th’neet I’ve noticed the comments on here and am definitely a day drinker.

Nowt better than beers in daylight and home afor you mak a fyul of yersel to watch Die Hard (again).

It’s cos you can, nee lock ins at 3pm till the bar opens officially again at 6pm (or The Borough at 5.30pm).

Just see the younguns queueing outside there for a pint cos it was the only option.

Still feel for the lasses stood up on Books corner with the lads looking out the window.

Different times.
Aye, marra, on the left hand side of Seaside Lane as you come down the bank. I've nivva been in. But I remember it well. Brilliant name for a pub, I think.
We used to gan in the Trust with me granda. Arnly the locals carld it that. I nivva knew why. It's actual name was the Station Hotel. Oddly enough, it was near the owld railway station! Carlin (as opposed to Carling) Sunday. Pace Egg Day. Nivva hear of those things now. Ancient traditions, possibly gone.
Is it not paste egg day?

Last edited:
Is that on Seaside Rd, opposite the Colliery Welfare? If so Mrs W has been in there years ago ;) just the once :)
Personally I was more of a Colliery Club man/boy tbh.
morning all, yes that's the one however it has been demolished and replaced by some kind of medical/care type accommodation block.
Lunch is our fav now tbh, as getting git awld.
Been looking at Durham hotels as an alternative to the Hilton ( for when mind, gawd knas :( ). It looks like Radisson, Indigo or Marriott ?? Or up the road at the Crown Plaza ( Mrs W’s favourite chain), Malmaison or the same 3 as Durham.
Inside knowledge appreciated

Can ya still use foil to wire it up??
morning wakey, was in the Indigo yesterday for lunch not the radisson (sorry dilli) used to be the old shire hall and the internal victorian decoration and fittings are genuinely amazing, re the marriott (county) I think they are in the middle of refurbing it covered in scaffold when we parked up outside there.

Last edited:
Would never happen marra, I steer clear of that malarkey, feel free to include me in the long list of thickheeds on this forum.

Although I’ve been out th’neet I’ve noticed the comments on here and am definitely a day drinker.

Nowt better than beers in daylight and home afor you mak a fyul of yersel to watch Die Hard (again).

It’s cos you can, nee lock ins at 3pm till the bar opens officially again at 6pm (or The Borough at 5.30pm).

Just see the younguns queueing outside there for a pint cos it was the only option.

Still feel for the lasses stood up on Books corner with the lads looking out the window.

Different times.

Is it not paste egg day?
Both forms are correct usage, marra. It apparently derives from Middle English, pasche, referring to Easter (paschal candles etc.?). Jarping was great crack (pun very much intended!).
Went to visit Swedish marras for Easter a few years back. They also engage in egg jarping, commencing with the (roughly translated) battle cry: my cock is red, yours is dead! Great days.

Shanghai SIPG v Tianjin Teda
Chinese Super League
12:35
Premier 1

Liverpool v Chelsea
UEFA Super Cup
20:00
BT Sport 2 / BT Sport Ultimate

Morning lads. Dunno where @hank williams is.

Graft for me and boxing tonight. Might stick Liverpool on when I get home. Have a good one folks xx
If you'd have replaced this sentence with 'supping a 3L bottle of 3 Hammers'.
I'd have been none the wiser.

Back