Little Boy Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's fantastic that everyone on trial was found guilty but I thought the Officer in charge took one hell of a risk.
I think that if I was offered The deal Yates was going to provide I would have took it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's fantastic that everyone on trial was found guilty but I thought the Officer in charge took one hell of a risk.
I think that if I was offered The deal Yates was going to provide I would have took it.
But he was just trying to weasel out of it to save his own skin knowing full well he was severely implicated. I suspect the evidence must have been quite strong for him to decide to kick his offer into touch

But he was just trying to weasel out of it to save his own skin knowing full well he was severely implicated. I suspect the evidence must have been quite strong for him to decide to kick his offer into touch
He wasn't trying to get out of it , he was offering up Mercer to protect his parents.
His parents were f***ing scum and I'm delighted they were found guilty but it was a risky decision.

Would his length of service had come into it?

30 year in and eligible for retirement, cheaper to retire him off at his then current wedge rather than promote him.

Would his length of service had come into it?

30 year in and eligible for retirement, cheaper to retire him off at his then current wedge rather than promote him.

I don't know the answer but I was thinking along the same lines. Bit of a kick in the teeth at the end of all of that.

He wasn't trying to get out of it , he was offering up Mercer to protect his parents.
His parents were f***ing scum and I'm delighted they were found guilty but it was a risky decision.
I wasnt saying get out of it but offering up Mercer would have done to save his sentence and that of his parents. Shame he ended up having his increased on appeal by Attorney general

My thoughts were with the lad who had to go into witness protection and the mother who told the truth in the witness box. Good luck to them.
Very good acting from those two and the boy's parents.

Have all four episodes downloaded from the hub to watch at the weekend. Seems it has received great reviews and has tremendous acting. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Were the lads on the bikes from Norris Green ever identified or interviewed? Surely they would have been able to provide a good account of what happened.

Were the lads on the bikes from Norris Green ever identified or interviewed? Surely they would have been able to provide a good account of what happened.
They weren't bothered , recently interviewed about the series and called all the producers 'rats'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back